Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Free 500 Starwood Bonus Points on Registration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free 500 Starwood Bonus Points on Registration

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2004, 9:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
Did you inform them as to why you were cancelling?</font>
No, did by phone. Everyone has a personal opinion, justifiable or not(as we all think), but for an employee of Sheraton Norwood to respond by email in such a manner in inexcusable.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Go a voicemail from GM this morning in reference to my complaint.
From Keven Casey GM.
Love to discuss this situation.....Understand it was on our website (changed his tune from 3rd party website).... If you are interested in doing business with us...

So basically they are still trying to turn it into a timeshare type deal.. for 500 pts. I can understand sending literature and maybe a sales pitch even though it wasnt in terms. But basically this is beyond that.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Just out of curiosity, is this an issue that the BBB would take up? Don't they actually act as a 3rd party mediator in disputes? I wouldn't think that the monkeys at the Norwood, MA 4 Points would respond the same way to the BBB as they did to Gleff

For all of you who say don't push the issue, the question isn't about pushing the issue, I am only asking if this falls under something the BBB would take up?
Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:34 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Am I the only one who let out a chuckle at the response of this sales and marketing director?

I mean, it is obviously totally unacceptable and unprofessional, but it made me laugh anyway.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 5:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
Am I the only one who let out a chuckle at the response of this sales and marketing director?

I mean, it is obviously totally unacceptable and unprofessional, but it made me laugh anyway.
</font>
You're not the only one. I actually found it quite refreshing.
Old Jan 31, 2004, 8:56 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by king3820:

I didn't received the 500 Starpoints either. I hate to be cheated. I paln to schedule a lot of meetings with them. Then, of course I will cancel every reservation later. I will lose time for doing this, however, they probably will lose money which is worth more than 5,000,000 Starpoints.</font>
Here! Here! Now, that is what I call a mature response, indeed!

Old Jan 31, 2004, 9:02 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:

</font>
No! See my first post above. It appears that those with legal training are the only individuals who are grounded in any sort of reality -- as always.

Tremendous amount of whining going on, IMHO. There is no such thing as a free lunch. To read that perfectly savvy individuals contend that this is some sort of capital crime, is even more humorous.

To think that even if the BBB were to get involved and the motel had an unsatisfactory response to these "valid" complaints.

Well, may I ask all of you out there, when was the last time you checked a hotel's BBB evaluation prior to your booking a room at that particular establishment?

Give me a break!

[This message has been edited by NJUPINTHEAIR (edited Jan 31, 2004).]
Old Jan 31, 2004, 9:12 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by king3820:

They initiated the "cheating" first; therefore I won't feel quilty or wrong to cheat them back. I make reservations, then I cancel the reservations; there is nothing wrong for doing this.
</font>
No doubt a "case" of noblesse oblige.

Or, perhaps "do as I say, not as I do."

[This message has been edited by NJUPINTHEAIR (edited Jan 31, 2004).]
Old Jan 31, 2004, 9:20 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
They're still at it - got a letter in the mail today offering 500 bonus points FOR A STAY in February or March. Can't understand why they'd target me for a stay at a property about 20 minutes from my home.

Apart from clumsy usage, a "that" which should have been a "who", this line, the first in the fourth paragraph stood out: "Starwood Preferred Guest, the one loyalty program that gives you what others can't..."

No points, maybe?

The letter offers contact by fax at 781.551.3552 or by email to [email protected]. Perhaps he or she could help you solve this?
Old Feb 3, 2004, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:

It gets better.

When I was told no points, I wrote back simply

I'm disappointed that you are not living up to the offer that was publicly posted on your website. </font>
End of story. Then I got back the following reply:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">

Maybe you should seek some grief counseling to help you with your
disappointment.</font>

Strange and especially for the USA, a VERY smarta*s response from a Senior Manager to a person who actually does book or influences meetings - and I have no doubt gleff does.

All over a miserable 500 miles? They are nuts.

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from a UA 747-400 exit row 15 near you SOON!
Old Feb 4, 2004, 8:03 pm

How about we put some super negative responses on http://www.tripadvisor.com so nobody even considers using their property...
Old Jul 18, 2004, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Bumping this older thread just to make the point:

I am going there next week and made a point NOT to stay at the Norwood location. Time may have gone by, but I didn't forget what snakes they are.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by kawoh
How about we put some super negative responses on http://www.tripadvisor.com so nobody even considers using their property...
Done. I am appalled by the email gleff received and their nonchalance about honoring their offer.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 9:37 am

I don't care as much that they didn't honor it as I do about the email response. Obviously, someone in marketing made a mistake. Yeah, they should've honored it, but things happen. There's no excuse for rudeness, though.

That said, it saddens me to say I may have to stay there. Relatives are having a Bar Mitzvah in the area and blocked off rooms there.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Oh goody, my review is up at TripAdvisor

Originally Posted by gardener
Done. I am appalled by the email gleff received and their nonchalance about honoring their offer.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...achusetts.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.