Wiki Posts
Search

Best Starwood Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2003, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Really good ones as in world class level, I have only come accross two:

1) The Formal Dining Room - Lodge at Koele in Lana'i, Hawaii. It's not just the food, it's the overall atmosphere and service (extremly gracious and natural, can't ask for anything better, I can still remember that hostess's smile, so genuine and welcoming). The server (waiter) is a real professional. Everyone has to wear suits and ladies in formal attire as well and the food was trully unique and piece of arts by itself. I will go back anyday.

2) The Olives at W Union Square, New York City

This one is more casual but the menu changes all the time and the signature olive oil and bread must not be missed eveyrtime. It's the restaurant that I go to the most often while in New York. The foods are unique and it seems like you never repeat the same food every visit. Highly recommended.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Located in The Westin Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., the Fairfax Room and Lounge offer an exciting blend of Traditional and Eclectic Cuisine, styled after Westin's award winning culinary philosophy of fresh ingredients and healthy fare.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:08 am

One of the best meals I've ever had was at the Westin La Cantera in San Antonio. This was many years ago, so I don't recall the name of the restaurant, except that it was their premium offering, and (I think) connected to some NYC chef.

More recently, I had a great meal @ Bluefin W Times Square, New York.

Cheers,
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The only hotel restaurants we regularly patronize (other than free breakfasts) are Tolay in the Sheraton Petaluma and La Toque in the Westin Verasa Napa. Many people feel La Toque is better (and less expensive) than the overhyped French Laundry, and I'm inclined to agree. The last time we were there, they had a great truffle tasting menu.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Urban Farmer at the Nines in Portland, OR is superb. Try the banana cream pie for dessert.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Clark Street Grill at the Westin St. Louis. Not fine dining by any stretch, but excellent quality at very, very reasonable prices (no gratuitous hotel upcharge). Awesome wood burning oven for pizzas.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:38 am

Bukhara in the ITC Maurya (Delhi/Luxury Collection) is quite good for NW-(Indian)-frontier food. It wins a bunch of awards for best restaurant in India--not sure if I'd agree. But, certainly a destination.

I had a good experience at the Jean-Georges place in the St. Regis Princeville (Kauai Grill). Overall reviews are somewhat inconsistent.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
Sorry, guys, it begins and ends with Fern at the St. Regis in Puerto Rico.

A close second for me is Blossoms at the Aruba Westin. I'm a huge hibachi fan, though ;-)
Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by MrsExecPlat
Olives, W Union Square, New York
Bluefin W Times Square, New York
+ Normas & Burger Joint at Parker Le Meridien NYC (Can you charge Burger Joint to your room though? I thought they were cash only...)
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Vinifera at the Westin Reston Heights is by far my favorite. Chef Bo is great, he's always out in the dining shaking hands and kissing babies (figuratively of course). The bar tender Yung is awesome too, the most knowledgable sports guy I've ever met. Ask him what the score of Superbowl XVI was and he'll tell you 20 more things about it. The outside fireplaces are great in the spring and fall too!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Paces 88 at the St. Regis Atlanta is pricey but quite good.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Sheraton San Jose Hotel

While I was driving to the hotel in San Jose, I was so hungry and was really in a mood to get a hamburger at In-N-Out burger then I realized it was kind of far away from the hotel. So I decided to eat dinner at the hotel and I ordered a hamburger at the Bistro. Boy was I glad I skipped In-N-Out burger for this. It was one of the best hamburgers I ever tasted. ^ On the morning when I was ready to check out, I ate breakfast and they tasted great as well. I would recommend you to give a try. Not only the food is great, but great staff. I stayed there in December 2008.

Last edited by BJG22; Jun 27, 2011 at 7:08 pm Reason: Forgot to add "Bistro"
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
+ Normas & Burger Joint at Parker Le Meridien NYC (Can you charge Burger Joint to your room though? I thought they were cash only...)
I don't know about Burger Joint, but the server at BlueFin told us that we couldn't get SPG credit for our meal (we weren't staying in the hotel) because the restaurant wasn't really part of the hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The only hotel restaurants we regularly patronize (other than free breakfasts) are Tolay in the Sheraton Petaluma and La Toque in the Westin Verasa Napa. Many people feel La Toque is better (and less expensive) than the overhyped French Laundry, and I'm inclined to agree. The last time we were there, they had a great truffle tasting menu.
+1 for La Toque, although I'm a bit biased. My wife and I eloped last year and got married at the Verasa Napa and had dinner afterwards with our 2 friends (requisite witnesses!) at La Toque!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
(Can you charge Burger Joint to your room though? I thought they were cash only...)
Burger Joint does not accept CREDIT CARDS. It does accept ROOM CHARGES. I know because I charged a burger from Burger Joint to my room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.