Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Venice hotel for family?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 8:01 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by banzani
We were facing the same problem and ended up at the Sheraton in Padova. Of course entirely different, but a tiny fraction of the cost and an easy train ride into the center of Venice.
I briefly considered that option, but we only are staying two nights and I found a nice place near Accademia/canal/vaporetto stops for $200 per night. Nice to have a place to rest/cleanup before dinner-late of course, it's Venice-after a day of exploring.

Let me know how it was as I might try that in the future, with a longer stay.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re point upgrades >
room - S, SS
suite - SU2, SU3, SU4

can have hotel call you
or email and ask to be forwarded to management level reservations/sales
could also call starwood and ask them to connect you to hotel

can also convert 1 SPG to 3 marriott
boscolo
JW private island
courtyard at airport
cheap ACs in padova and vicenza

cant imagine very many would consider spg cat 7 then do cruise
if paying a lot for cat 7 / top cruise could also look at aman venice
Old May 21, 2017, 1:49 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
re point upgrades >
room - S, SS
suite - SU2, SU3, SU4

can have hotel call you
or email and ask to be forwarded to management level reservations/sales
could also call starwood and ask them to connect you to hotel

can also convert 1 SPG to 3 marriott
boscolo
JW private island
courtyard at airport
cheap ACs in padova and vicenza

cant imagine very many would consider spg cat 7 then do cruise
if paying a lot for cat 7 / top cruise could also look at aman venice
Sorry am I missing something. Have been trying to book either spg or mr property in Venice this autumn, have seen a few posts mentioning JW in Venice but when I go to MR website can only see Boscolo Autograph outside Venice and courtyard at airport. Is there an upcoming JW?
Old May 21, 2017, 3:35 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
JW is a resort out on the Lido island. It showed up for me.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

boscolo is not outside venice, it is in venice

JW is private island, close to another island that was briefly st regis
Old May 21, 2017, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
boscolo is not outside venice, it is in venice
Yeah it's in Canareggio, a bit far from St. Mark's, but definitely in Venice.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Originally Posted by rbAA
I briefly considered that option, but we only are staying two nights and I found a nice place near Accademia/canal/vaporetto stops for $200 per night. Nice to have a place to rest/cleanup before dinner-late of course, it's Venice-after a day of exploring.

Let me know how it was as I might try that in the future, with a longer stay.
it worked well for us. The hotel itself is in an awful location (next to highway, in an industria/office area) and doesn't look nice from the outside. however, staff are extremely friendly, rooms are OK, and it turned out there were some nice things to discover (excellent restaurant in a little town nearby, and Padua itself is very nice too). The hotel shuttle works well, and it's an easy, frequent, and cheap train into Venice. I have been to Venice several times, so didn't mind staying elsewhere. Of course for a once-in-a-lifetime thing I would want to stay in Venice.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:41 pm

Struggling to finalize my 9 night trip to Italy this summer (all that's left to book is 3 nights in Venice). I have 55k SPG points and 25k Marriott, so enough for two nights at the properties here or 3 if 2 are C&P. I originally ruled it out due to only being SPG Gold and the points being insane when there's a few nice non-chain hotels for ~$300/night thus I feel the value per point is only 1 cent which isn't very good. Am I correct in thinking this and forget the Gritti? Otherwise it's pay cash or use Chase UR points for 1.5 cents at the NH Collection hotel. Finally, would you say definitely pass on hotel hopping at Gritti with points for one night followed by 2 nights at the nonchain?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.