Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Customer Support - Shooting at hotel - how to handle such situation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Customer Support - Shooting at hotel - how to handle such situation?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jibi
OP joined the site, created the thread, posted three times over the next hour, never will be heard from or seen again, and FT members will continue to debate the topic for the next two weeks. These threads almost seem scripted with a specific plot formula that ensures more traffic will be generated to the site.
i think the op would think twice about coming back here after posting such a question & getting these responses....
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The hotel owes nothing. Not anyhow their fault. In fact the hotel and its management is having a by far harder time than the OP and the losses of the hotel are certainly substantial. Why should they throw money or points at the OP?
^

Originally Posted by Keyser
i think the op would think twice about coming back here after posting such a question & getting these responses....
good
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Keyser
I know you're half hearted joking, but......I hope the OP and others can use this as a learning experience.

I came to FT, back in the day, before mass use of social media, because I was researching a problem. Once I explored the forum I began to post and make contributions and lots of hotel reports.

Ya never know, this bad experience could turn the OP into a great FT contributor.

Things like this is why FT exist, right?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Well the OP may not be posting but profile says he is active today.

I mean I personally would not hold the hotel responsible for such a situation. This is really something that is out of the hotels control. I think that they have gone out of their way to make things right.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tfong007
Well the OP may not be posting but profile says he is active today.

I mean I personally would not hold the hotel responsible for such a situation. This is really something that is out of the hotels control. I think that they have gone out of their way to make things right.
As I stated in my first post....the OP should expect a wide array of responses. I guess he/she does not feel compelled to respond.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by KENNECTED

Ya never know, this bad experience could turn the OP into a great FT contributor.
Not really sure what his bad experience was. Apart from being disturbed with the commotion what was the bad experience? I think he was offered reasonable compensation. If he wanted to leave he needed to discuss this with the hotel. Im sure they would have moved them to an alternative room on a different floor if requested.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Not really sure what his bad experience was. Apart from being disturbed with the commotion what was the bad experience? I think he was offered reasonable compensation. If he wanted to leave he needed to discuss this with the hotel. Im sure they would have moved them to an alternative room on a different floor if requested.
The shooting down the hall does, in my mind, equate to a bad experience. We all need to think about how we MIGHT feel if we heard a murder/suicide down the hall. I would NOT be all freaked out. Someone else may experience it differently based on their life experience.

But as I state in my first post, it is not the fault of the hotel, hotel management or the SPG loyalty program.

I requested additional information, which has yet to be answered.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: SPG lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Super Elite, Priority Club Platinum Elite,
Who even cares? This guy sounds like a complete boob.

Who would leave a month-long prepaid stay early and not say a PEEP to front desk!?!?

Frankly I'm surprised he has the brain capacity to use a keyboard.

He deserves nothing from SPG nor from the hotel

....and he certainly doesn't deserve all these replies from us.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dubosc
Who even cares? This guy sounds like a complete boob.

Who would leave a month-long prepaid stay early and not say a PEEP to front desk!?!?

Frankly I'm surprised he has the brain capacity to use a keyboard.

He deserves nothing from SPG nor from the hotel

....and he certainly doesn't deserve all these replies from us.
WHOA. Slow your roll.

You come on FT and call a fellow forumer a name? That is not helpful in any way. OBVIOUSLY, you care since you chose to respond.

The OP may have made some errors, but as I said earlier, this may be a learning experience that the OP and possibly others can learn from. I use your own experience with NOT KNOWING 3rd party bookings are not considered eligible stays and are not entitled to benefits. You created a post and people responded to HELP YOU - the purpose of the forum. POT MEET KETTLE!

The irony - I'm responding to your post, which truly deserves no response or attention.

Last edited by KENNECTED; Nov 28, 2015 at 12:39 pm
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: SPG lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Super Elite, Priority Club Platinum Elite,
WHOA. Slow your roll.

You come on FT and call a fellow forumer a name? That is not helpful in any way. OBVIOUSLY, you care since you chose to respond.

The OP may have made some errors, but as I said earlier, this may be a learning experience that the OP and possibly others can learn from. I use your own experience with NOT KNOWING 3rd party bookings are not considered eligible stays and are not entitled to benefits. You created a post and people responded to HELP YOU - the purpose of the forum. POT MEET KETTLE!

The irony - I'm responding to your post, which truly deserves no response or attention.

Not very adult of me to call him a boob, I'll give you that.

...but you have to admit that what he's done is completely ridiculous - road warrior or novice traveller. It's the equivalent of getting a fly in your soup, paying and leaving the restaurant - then coming back weeks later to complain about it. It's madness!!!!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dubosc
Not very adult of me to call him a boob, I'll give you that.

...but you have to admit that what he's done is completely ridiculous - road warrior or novice traveller. It's the equivalent of getting a fly in your soup, paying and leaving the restaurant - then coming back weeks later to complain about it. It's madness!!!!
We do not have all the facts. Hard to make a determination without all the information.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
The shooting down the hall does, in my mind, equate to a bad experience. We all need to think about how we MIGHT feel if we heard a murder/suicide down the hall. I would NOT be all freaked out. Someone else may experience it differently based on their life experience.

But as I state in my first post, it is not the fault of the hotel, hotel management or the SPG loyalty program.

I requested additional information, which has yet to be answered.
Would he have felt different if someone died of a heart attack? I would be much more concerned if it were a robbery gone wrong. Personally I think he is just fishing for ideas on how to cover his blunder.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Would he have felt different if someone died of a heart attack? I would be much more concerned if it were a robbery gone wrong. Personally I think he is just fishing for ideas on how to cover his blunder.
I thought this as well. Without knowing the OP, the skeptical me thought the same thing. He's a first time poster, with a "action news" post title, looking for "sympathy" and ideas to obtain more points and our status.

I say this all up front.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:04 pm

We do not have all the facts. Hard to make a determination without all the information.
In that case I take it all back. I thought that I read that he prepaid for a month reservation, left early in the reservation, never even officially checked out or said anything to the front desk/management, went to a new hotel --- and now, once home, is asking what he should do.
Old May 12, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
I'd say the OP will have to bite the bullet on this one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.