Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton AKL sold-out for Jan '04

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2003, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Sheraton AKL sold-out for Jan '04

I am attempting to book a room for Jan 16-19, 2004 and spg.com shows it as sold-out. Yes, I could use my Platinum over-ride and get a room, but I'd rather not pay outrageous rack rates. Is there a special event in Auckland during that time if someone knows? The Hyatt and Crowne Plaza are available for the same dates, but I'd rather stay at a SPG hotel. Is it usualy for hotels to sell out 9 months or so in advance.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Possibly it is not sold out but the hotel has not loaded those dates yet? It is still kind of far out. I had same issue with AKL Sheraton last year about 10 months out, rates were not loaded.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 9:36 pm

I agree. I've had similar situations. I believe the system has not been loaded yet
Old Mar 19, 2003, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Agree with above. I was in AKL that time this year and there is no big deal.

School holidays are a huge deal there and OZ mid Dec to mid Jan and everything is pretty heavily booked, but you will miss the impact of those I think.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come visit HERE the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Mar 19, 2003, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Agree with above. I was in AKL that time this year and there is no big deal.

School holidays are a huge deal there and OZ mid Dec to mid Jan and everything is pretty heavily booked, but you will miss the impact of those I think.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come visit HERE the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Mar 19, 2003, 5:37 am

I had this problem recently with the Sydney Four Points, to get around the problem, call the hotel directly & book the dates you need

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.