Wiki Posts
Search

Are you all right? Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2003, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Are you all right? Lurker

Hello William,

I am surprised to find that you are stilling lurking around here. Because of the icy road conditions in Austin and other parts of Texas, Dell customer service is unmanned. HHonors service is also reduced to a minimum. We appreciate greatly your help. But do take care. We can wait a day or two ...

Old Feb 26, 2003, 2:52 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Force:
We can wait a day or two ...

</font>
speak for yourself.

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 02-26-2003).]
Old Feb 26, 2003, 3:13 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Yes, we're okay and thanks for your concern.

The roads here in Austin were fine around 10:30 AM when I struck out for work. Still a little mushy on the bridges and overpasses, but the temperature was above freezing. The only problem now is the idiots driving like demons out of hell (they were deprived of their joys yesterday) and the blue-haired types that are afraid of their own shadow. There has to be a happy medium somewhere between the two, but it seems I encountered more than my fair share since it took me an hour and a half to get here today. Only 45 minutes yesterday on solid ice in some places. Go figure.

Not that I need to defend HHonors, but they are much further north than us. The Dallas area got hit pretty hard the last few days from what I hear. As far as Dell is concerned, they are actually in Round Rock, which is further north than we are. It seems the more north you were, the more ice you had to deal with - logically.

So, we're safe and warm - relatively speaking. It is fortunate that we have a management staff that really cares about us and we have the flexibility to shift calls from one Customer Contact Center to another around the country. You can still encounter a hold signal every now and then, but we try to minimize that inconvenience as much as possible.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.

[This message has been edited by Starwood Lurker (edited 02-26-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.