Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confustion on New promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2003, 5:23 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sockboy:
Really sorry to bring this up again, but my confirmation email does not say anything about receiving 5000 pts after 5 nights. I know I won't stay over 10 nights during the promo period, but will stay more than 5 nights. Am I going to get any bonus pts?

[This message has been edited by sockboy (edited 02-24-2003).]
</font>
Apparently the only way I'm going to know exactly what it is you got is to actually look at your account...although you could also do this by calling the Customer Contact Center.

If you want me to check, send me your account number to the email address below.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 24, 2003, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
For those of us who haven't gotten ANY notice yet of which promo we have been targeted for, this is indeed confusing.

Old Feb 24, 2003, 5:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by techgirl:
For those of us who haven't gotten ANY notice yet of which promo we have been targeted for, this is indeed confusing.

</font>
techgirl, my suggestion is that since you have marked your Starwood Preferred Guest profile as preferring not to receive emails from us, the notification is coming by snail mail. You were pre-registered on February 20th for several, so if no notification at all is forthcoming in the next ten days or so, I would like to know about it so I can follow up with the marketing gurus on that deficiency.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 24, 2003, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Starwood Lurker:
techgirl, my suggestion is that since you have marked your Starwood Preferred Guest profile as preferring not to receive emails from us, the notification is coming by snail mail. </font>
Wow... I had no clue I had that option selected...

I am fixing that RIGHT NOW. Thanks for the heads up.

If I call, can I find out what I have? I don't EVER check my snail mail... in fact, I just opened something from Starwood from May 2002... that is how far behind on my snail mail I am.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Starwood Lurker:
my suggestion is that since you have marked your Starwood Preferred Guest profile as preferring not to receive emails from us, the notification is coming by snail mail. </font>
Hmm... I just checked my preferences and was surprised to see that I am coded to not get email either. I used to get emails (I specifically recall getting statements); I wonder whether the system was reset at some point (?)

Anyway, I updated my profile by checking the boxes stating that I want email statements and bonus notices, but my profile still says that I don't want email...

I'll have to call Cust. Svc. and get it changed.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by techgirl:
Wow... I had no clue I had that option selected...

I am fixing that RIGHT NOW. Thanks for the heads up.

If I call, can I find out what I have? I don't EVER check my snail mail... in fact, I just opened something from Starwood from May 2002... that is how far behind on my snail mail I am.
</font>
Anyone at Platinum Concierge should be able to tell you for what you were pre-selected. They can also assist with amending your email preferences.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Old Feb 25, 2003, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
When I called Platinum Concierge, I was told there are two different bonus point promotions - Y29 which starts at 10,000 for 10 nights and Y28 which starts at 5,000 for 5 nights.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 3:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PhilC:
When I called Platinum Concierge, I was told there are two different bonus point promotions - Y29 which starts at 10,000 for 10 nights and Y28 which starts at 5,000 for 5 nights. </font>
That is correct; and that may be where the ultimate confusion lies. What I described above was, of course, Y28.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Old Feb 26, 2003, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
That is correct; and that may be where the ultimate confusion lies. What I described above was, of course, Y28.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

</font>
Hi Lurker,

Is it possible that I didn't get picked for any promo? I called the Platinum concierge.

Old Feb 26, 2003, 1:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LA2CDG:
Hi Lurker,

Is it possible that I didn't get picked for any promo? I called the Platinum concierge.

</font>
And they said...?

Yes, it is possible that you may have been left out. You might as well join the 100 fan club and let me look for you as well.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Old Feb 26, 2003, 2:06 pm
Suspended

And they said...?

Yes, it is possible that you may have been left out. You might as well join the 100 fan club and let me look for you as well.
</font>

now, was that answer really "sincere?"

Old Feb 26, 2003, 2:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:

now, was that answer really "sincere?"

</font>
As sincere as I can make it.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.