Search

SNA...behind the scenes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
SNA...behind the scenes

I didn't see this anywhere...

I've been Plat for 4 years and actually have had good success with my SNA (almost all in Europe). But I was curious if someone knows exactly what happens behind the scenes? I've read posts where people eluded to Starwood actually paying a hotel when the SNA is redeemed, but this seems unverified.

So, does anyone know actually happens behind the scenes? How much is a hotel compensated to honor a SNA? Does it matter which category of room them apply it to?

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
But I was curious if someone knows exactly what happens behind the scenes?
I believe that some information is posted in another thread which answers some of your questions.

Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
How much is a hotel compensated to honor a SNA?
That's proprietary, and they're not going to tell you/us.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH

That's proprietary, and they're not going to tell you/us.
Yes, it's proprietary but you can do a simple math. One can opt-out of the SNA and instead get a $100.00 uber credit voucher --- 10 SNA certs should cost Starwood pretty much the same amount, so ten bucks per each SNA night.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by FozBoy
Yes, it's proprietary but you can do a simple math. One can opt-out of the SNA and instead get a $100.00 uber credit voucher --- 10 SNA certs should cost Starwood pretty much the same amount, so ten bucks per each SNA night.
Sorry, not even close. Cost and perceived value can vary greatly. I'm not sure if it applies to SNAs as well, but when redeeming points for a room, there is a formula used to determine what the property gets from SPG and part of that is the occupancy rate on the night of the stay. I have from time to time seen the SPG folio showing what was being billed and I have not noticed any set percentage. Sometimes it has been a major discount < $20/night and sometimes much higher near $100/night. Again, does not apply to SNA specifically, and I doubt we will ever know unless someone inside slips up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.