Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Tokyo HND help please

Arriving at HND at 9:55 PM, so will be out around 10:45 after clearing
immigration. My connecting flight leaves 10:50 AM the next day, so will
have to be at the airport by 9:00 AM.

I believe the closest SPG hotel is The Sheraton Miyako. Is it worthwhile
heading there for the night, or should I just stay somewhere very close
to the airport? If so, what would you recommend?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:27 am

Haneda Excel Hotel - a hop skip and jump from the customs exit (actually at the far end of the terminal 2)
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I would go to the Sheraton Miyako.

You should be still able to get on the monorail to Hamamatsucho then Taxi to hotel OR Yamanote to Shinagawa then taxi to hotel.

You can have breakfast free as a Plat then get on the early shuttle to Shinagawa station...then Yamanote back to Hamamatsucho and monorail back to HND.

Have fun!
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question read the reviews

Originally Posted by Plumber
I would go to the Sheraton Miyako.
Have you read the spg reviews of this property?

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/shera...ropertyID=3091

I will PM you with details of an airbnb stay 1/2 hour from HND - easily accessible on the JR.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:16 am

There's a hotel in the international terminal. Why stress going all over in the middle of the night?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 4:34 pm

I agree that it makes more sense to stay near the arport.

Originally Posted by Plumber
I would go to the Sheraton Miyako. You should be still able to get on the monorail to Hamamatsucho then Taxi to hotel OR Yamanote to Shinagawa then taxi to hotel.
However, if you do choose the Sheraton, either take a taxi from Haneda (probably US$70-80), or take the Keikyu line that goes directly from Haneda to Shinagawa, then a very short taxi ride from Shinagawa to the hotel. (Going from Haneda to Shinagawa via Hamamatsucho/Yamanote is like going from Boston to New York via Pittsburgh.)
Old Jun 28, 2015, 5:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Having stayed at the Sheraton Miyako as a gold, I liked it. Having said that, I'd probably stay closer to the airport in your situation.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:12 am

Royal Haneda Airport Hotel connected to International Terminal is where I usually stay at. Plus there are 24 hours eatery like Mos Burger/Yoshinoya right outside of the hotel.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:36 am

IF you would go out, it is worth going to central area, if you are to shorten your sleeping hours and sure you can wake up

Rather than monorails, take Keikyu line directly to Shinagawa, which is closed to Sheraton Miyako. However, you would need a bit further to get to busy area, such as Roppongi, Shibuya, Shinjuku or Gotanda from there.

Enjoy your night.

Or spend a night in a nothing-special hotel at the airport
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Thanks all. It looks like either the Haneda Royal Park Hotel or the Haneda Excel Hotel.
The Royal Park is in the international terminal ( which I am arriving and departing from),
while the Excel is in domestic terminal 2. So it seems the Royal Park will be more
convenient, unless there is a decided difference in quality. Any comments?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Have you read the spg reviews of this property?

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/shera...ropertyID=3091

I will PM you with details of an airbnb stay 1/2 hour from HND - easily accessible on the JR.
I have not read any reviews. But have stayed there dozens of times.

If someone is looking for SPG stays etc, I would go there...If you are not looking for stays or nights, I agree that I would stay somewhere closer.

The Monorail/Yamanote is dead-easy...but I can see why some people may not like that option if one is unfamiliar with Tokyo.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
I would add an SPG option as well. It is probably easier than Miyako.
It is the Sheraton Yokohama. It is actually close to Haneda Airport, and can be reached directly by Keikyu train. No transfer needed and it only takes like 30-40 minutes.
http://www.haneda-tokyo-access.com/e...inlinemap.html

The hotel is connected to the Yokohama train station by a sky-bridge. PM me for transportation tips if you indeed choose to stay there.

I have stayed at Royal Park Haneda as well. As others said, it is convenient to be next to terminal and with 24-hr restaurants nearby. I had Yoshinoya at like 4am before catching my morning flight. However the rates are expensive and the room is very tiny.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Arriving at HND at 9:55 PM, so will be out around 10:45 after clearing immigration. My connecting flight leaves 10:50 AM the next day, so will
have to be at the airport by 9:00 AM. I believe the closest SPG hotel is The Sheraton Miyako. Is it worthwhile heading there for the night, or should I just stay somewhere very close
to the airport? If so, what would you recommend?
The Sheraton Towers Yokohama on the Keikyuu Line is very easy to get to; however, at that time (near midnight), the trains will get crowded from Kamata station. From the the airport, take the train to Kamata (aka: Keikyuu Kamata), transfer to a train going the other way to Yokohama station, the hotel is a small walk on the upper platform. Easy to find.

From here, in the morning, the train will be very fast to catch your flight on the return.

P.S.: There is also a JAL City Haneda Hotel that has free shuttle service to and from the airport too. Your room will be small with one pillow and a refrigerator, thus go to the AM/PM convenience store for nibbles. lol
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:34 am

There's also a capsule hotel in the airport. I thought it was fun
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: Starwood P100, Alaska G75, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, ANA
The hotel in the airport international terminal is nice enough. Very small by American standards. Think a smaller Aloft room, but it was very nice, clean and modern and quiet. It was also very convenient. I battled the exact same decision and I opted to stay at the airport terminal hotel. It's a trek to get to the Miyako. If you aren't familure with the stations and the Japanese train system and don't read/speak Japanese I would say it's not worth the stress hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.