FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Tokyo HND help please (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1690946-tokyo-hnd-help-please.html)

IluvSQ Jun 28, 2015 7:46 am

Tokyo HND help please

Arriving at HND at 9:55 PM, so will be out around 10:45 after clearing
immigration. My connecting flight leaves 10:50 AM the next day, so will
have to be at the airport by 9:00 AM.

I believe the closest SPG hotel is The Sheraton Miyako. Is it worthwhile
heading there for the night, or should I just stay somewhere very close
to the airport? If so, what would you recommend?

travelswithmyself Jun 28, 2015 8:27 am

Haneda Excel Hotel - a hop skip and jump from the customs exit (actually at the far end of the terminal 2)

Plumber Jun 28, 2015 8:31 am

I would go to the Sheraton Miyako.

You should be still able to get on the monorail to Hamamatsucho then Taxi to hotel OR Yamanote to Shinagawa then taxi to hotel.

You can have breakfast free as a Plat then get on the early shuttle to Shinagawa station...then Yamanote back to Hamamatsucho and monorail back to HND.

Have fun!

Antonio8069 Jun 28, 2015 10:05 am

read the reviews

Originally Posted by Plumber (Post 25038362)
I would go to the Sheraton Miyako.

Have you read the spg reviews of this property?

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/shera...ropertyID=3091

I will PM you with details of an airbnb stay 1/2 hour from HND - easily accessible on the JR.

Merlinrnr Jun 28, 2015 11:16 am

There's a hotel in the international terminal. Why stress going all over in the middle of the night?

wideman Jun 28, 2015 4:34 pm

I agree that it makes more sense to stay near the arport.

Originally Posted by Plumber (Post 25038362)
I would go to the Sheraton Miyako. You should be still able to get on the monorail to Hamamatsucho then Taxi to hotel OR Yamanote to Shinagawa then taxi to hotel.

However, if you do choose the Sheraton, either take a taxi from Haneda (probably US$70-80), or take the Keikyu line that goes directly from Haneda to Shinagawa, then a very short taxi ride from Shinagawa to the hotel. (Going from Haneda to Shinagawa via Hamamatsucho/Yamanote is like going from Boston to New York via Pittsburgh.)

pewpew Jun 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Having stayed at the Sheraton Miyako as a gold, I liked it. Having said that, I'd probably stay closer to the airport in your situation.

anchor79 Jun 29, 2015 2:12 am

Royal Haneda Airport Hotel connected to International Terminal is where I usually stay at. Plus there are 24 hours eatery like Mos Burger/Yoshinoya right outside of the hotel.

cozysuite Jun 29, 2015 5:36 am

IF you would go out, it is worth going to central area, if you are to shorten your sleeping hours and sure you can wake up:)

Rather than monorails, take Keikyu line directly to Shinagawa, which is closed to Sheraton Miyako. However, you would need a bit further to get to busy area, such as Roppongi, Shibuya, Shinjuku or Gotanda from there.

Enjoy your night.

Or spend a night in a nothing-special hotel at the airport

IluvSQ Jun 29, 2015 6:16 am

Thanks all. It looks like either the Haneda Royal Park Hotel or the Haneda Excel Hotel.
The Royal Park is in the international terminal ( which I am arriving and departing from),
while the Excel is in domestic terminal 2. So it seems the Royal Park will be more
convenient, unless there is a decided difference in quality. Any comments?

Plumber Jun 29, 2015 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069 (Post 25038664)
Have you read the spg reviews of this property?

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/shera...ropertyID=3091

I will PM you with details of an airbnb stay 1/2 hour from HND - easily accessible on the JR.

I have not read any reviews. But have stayed there dozens of times.

If someone is looking for SPG stays etc, I would go there...If you are not looking for stays or nights, I agree that I would stay somewhere closer.

The Monorail/Yamanote is dead-easy...but I can see why some people may not like that option if one is unfamiliar with Tokyo.

Ayase Jun 29, 2015 1:38 pm

I would add an SPG option as well. It is probably easier than Miyako.
It is the Sheraton Yokohama. It is actually close to Haneda Airport, and can be reached directly by Keikyu train. No transfer needed and it only takes like 30-40 minutes.
http://www.haneda-tokyo-access.com/e...inlinemap.html

The hotel is connected to the Yokohama train station by a sky-bridge. PM me for transportation tips if you indeed choose to stay there.

I have stayed at Royal Park Haneda as well. As others said, it is convenient to be next to terminal and with 24-hr restaurants nearby. I had Yoshinoya at like 4am before catching my morning flight. However the rates are expensive and the room is very tiny.

Spock Seat Jun 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 25038234)
Arriving at HND at 9:55 PM, so will be out around 10:45 after clearing immigration. My connecting flight leaves 10:50 AM the next day, so will
have to be at the airport by 9:00 AM. I believe the closest SPG hotel is The Sheraton Miyako. Is it worthwhile heading there for the night, or should I just stay somewhere very close
to the airport? If so, what would you recommend?

The Sheraton Towers Yokohama on the Keikyuu Line is very easy to get to; however, at that time (near midnight), the trains will get crowded from Kamata station. From the the airport, take the train to Kamata (aka: Keikyuu Kamata), transfer to a train going the other way to Yokohama station, the hotel is a small walk on the upper platform. Easy to find.

From here, in the morning, the train will be very fast to catch your flight on the return.

P.S.: There is also a JAL City Haneda Hotel that has free shuttle service to and from the airport too. Your room will be small with one pillow and a refrigerator, thus go to the AM/PM convenience store for nibbles. lol

s0ssos Jun 30, 2015 4:34 am

There's also a capsule hotel in the airport. I thought it was fun

Shosan521 Jun 30, 2015 7:53 am

The hotel in the airport international terminal is nice enough. Very small by American standards. Think a smaller Aloft room, but it was very nice, clean and modern and quiet. It was also very convenient. I battled the exact same decision and I opted to stay at the airport terminal hotel. It's a trek to get to the Miyako. If you aren't familure with the stations and the Japanese train system and don't read/speak Japanese I would say it's not worth the stress hassle.