Wiki Posts
Search

Need Platinum Line number!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2002, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA
Need Platinum Line number!

I crossed the Platinum threashold in early December 2001 and have not yet received any Platinum materials. I would like to book a room this weekend at a hotel that shows no availability on the website. I understand a Platinum benefit is to have rooms avaialble even if the hotel is full (with certain limitations, I'm sure). BUT--I do not yet have the Platinum line number! Can someone e-mail me the number (if you don't want to post it on the board) or perhaps the resident Lurker can provide me with the info?
Old Jan 21, 2002, 8:51 am

Call the regular number, give them your account number and ask for the Platinum number.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 9:44 am

edited because I'm sure snackyx has the number by now

[This message has been edited by edg1 (edited 01-24-2002).]
Old Jan 21, 2002, 11:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Please take that number off the board. There are THOUSANDS of non-FT members who browse these boards. We have enough trouble getting a platinum concierge when we call now anyway, with SMS and hold times becoming a way of life, I think that this will only hurt us all.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 11:40 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Uhmm, it's on Starwood's public website where anyone can find it. I haven't actually called the number but I would think it requires you to enter your Platinum number before you actually get a concierge.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 1:20 pm
Suspended

it's posted on the public board. before you can get a word in edgewise, the conceirge asks you for your starwood pg number. so, don't worry all you worry warts.

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 01-21-2002).]
Old Jan 21, 2002, 2:35 pm

Not always does the desk ask me for my number immediately. Besides, how much time would be wasted if 100 or so non-platinums try to call... thus having to be forwarded to another agent? This causes needless delay and trouble.

Old Jan 21, 2002, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I agree with BoSoxFan45, that number is best deleted.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 5:12 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"...Can someone e-mail me the number..."

That's exactly what I've done in the past!
Old Jan 21, 2002, 7:11 pm
Suspended

but it's on the public board at www.preferredguest.com.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 7:10 am

Just becaue it's buried somewhere on the SPG board doesn't mean it's wise to post it here.

Whatever. Clearly, your stubborn minds are not to be changed.

Maybe you can repeat another 7 times, rain man style, that it's on the SPG site, so it's o.k?
Old Jan 22, 2002, 8:19 am

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
The fact that it's available for anyone on the site was one of the things I commented to SPG when the new site came out -- I thought it was pretty strange, since anyone with legitimate access to the number can easily get it anyway (it could maybe be changed so only Plats could see it online?).
Old Jan 22, 2002, 8:30 am
Suspended

i believe it shouldn't be posted (it should be kept hidden for plats. only). but if it is...it is. i believe it shouldn't be posted (it should be kept hidden for plats. only). but if it is...it is. i believe it shouldn't be posted (it should be kept hidden for plats. only). but if it is...it is. i believe it shouldn't be posted (it should be kept hidden for plats. only). but if it is...it is.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 8:32 am
Suspended

(rain man.)
Old Jan 22, 2002, 8:41 am

William?

[This message has been edited by BoSoxFan45 (edited 01-22-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.