Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood unveils 'Sheraton 2020' plan

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
My vote for a Grand - Sheraton Princess Kaiulani - where I am staying right now, hehe
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
The Sheraton Tel Aviv already embodies many of these ambitions. GM is excellent and has driven change in staff service and attitude like I've never seen in a hotel.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:05 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
The Sheraton Tel Aviv already embodies many of these ambitions. GM is excellent and has driven change in staff service and attitude like I've never seen in a hotel.
Was just there last Oct...and the service and Club were outstanding. The hard product in the rooms was fine, but nothing too great. The hard product could stand a refurb IMO...but then I'm used to staying at more luxe brands. The new W opening in Tel Aviv might take some pressure off the Sheraton, actually.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
"– Execute the richest Sheraton-focused SPG promotions in Starwood’s history"
and
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-weekends.html

It means no better promo for Sheraton from 30-sep 2015 to 2017 isn't it ?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Absolutely. I also hope we'll see more. I'm not thrilled with the locations for most of these, as they're just a bit too distant to always be easy walking distance to the campuses, but hopefully the newer locations will be closer/better located in that regard.

I am a UNC grad, and so I'm back in Chapel Hill often. But the Aloft Chapel Hill is too far for me to bother (almost 2 miles), so I usually stay at the Carolina Inn or even the Franklin (a Curio by Hilton property) since they are so close to campus/town. There even is a Hampton Inn just 1 mile from campus. It kills me that the Aloft is too far.
For Chapel Hill I actually love the little Sheraton they have there. Its not the most grand if hotels, but the rooms are nice and functional, and it seems like the hotel ahs had a few touch-ups in the years I have been staying there. I know its a little far out, but a huge plus for me is they have a complimentary shuttle.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Was just there last Oct...and the service and Club were outstanding. The hard product in the rooms was fine, but nothing too great. The hard product could stand a refurb IMO...but then I'm used to staying at more luxe brands. The new W opening in Tel Aviv might take some pressure off the Sheraton, actually.
I was there last Oct too. It's improved even more since then.

They are doing a floor by floor refurbishment. 15th is finished.

I think 12th and 13th too by now.

The hard product is pretty nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.