Original Poster

More hotels lock the Cash & Points option

For examples :

Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11
The Westin Warsaw
and others I cannot remember.

I did noticed these hotels offered the Cash & Points options in the past.
In 2015 (some in 2014), they close this Cash & Points option and only offer the Points option.
Sometimes they will open the Cash & Points option but you're restricted because the system will force you to stay for 2 or even more days.

Besides, I also browse other hotels even though I'm not going to that city/country and I do see some of other hotels are in the similar situation - starting to close the Cash & Points option.

May I ask why do this occur?

Thanks.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I always had this problem for hotels in the US (no C+P availability in 2015 at all). I contacted the hotels and they actually did not know that there were no availability, some did open inventory and some are in the process.

I suggest to contact each hotel and see whether they can open up inventory for the C+P rate.
Old May 14, 2015, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, each property determines what rates they wish to offer. Hopefully this is supported by historical number crunching to determine maximum yield (profit) given their local market. I'm sure they get to specify the base mix but also believe this then has to be loaded manually, so errors can occur. Checking with the property may be a wise approach, but also check other channels to see if they are offering a better rate (although points/C&P rates should only be available via SPG).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.