Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Visa?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2001, 4:47 pm

Just off the phone with AmEx. I've also noticed that the grace period shown on the web was cut from 20 days to 15 days (for the record, my card is Delta, not Starwood). The rep was very surprised and said that according to her computer, my account still has 20 days of a grace period and there was no cut whatsoever. She said it must be a glitch on the web. Those of you who are concerned with this issue, may want to call AmEx and confirm that your grace period is still 20 days.
Old Apr 5, 2001, 10:56 am

"The worst part that I have in the short grace period is that there is no way to have Amex automatically deduct the payment from your checking account. The Citibank AA Visa card will let you do so, which eliminates the need to worry about paying your bill on time."

Actually, you can have the payment deducted from a checking account, but you need to generate the payment through the AMEX website. You can register any of their cards online for payment and state which account you want debitted. You can also tell them if you want to pay the minimum, the full balance, or in between. The only thing you can't do is set it up for automatic payment on your due date, so you have to go to the website yourself when you're ready to pay the bill. It does save the postage and a trip to the post office. I have had no problems with being creditted with payment on the date submitted through their website although the debit usually takes a day or two to post on my bank's checking account.

Old Apr 5, 2001, 3:58 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Amex also has a pay-by-phone option that is very handy.
Old Apr 6, 2001, 12:36 pm

Yeah, I haven't gotten my bill in the mail yet and the bill is due on April 15--that's 10 days away! LOL! Well, I payed my bill online when I heard from this thread the 15 day billing problem! Thanks guys!
Old Apr 6, 2001, 2:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
It looks like this may indeed be an AMEX Web site glitch. (What else is new?)

I got my statement and the due date printed on it is April 20. Online it still shows April 15.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.