Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Privileges Program ???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2001, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Platinum Privileges Program ???

Has anyone got any feedback on whether this program is worth buying into ???

It is like a club, you pay a yearly fee and get certificates, and free main meals at Starwood restaurants when another is bought.

Am considering a purchase, and feedback would be good.
Old Jan 29, 2001, 3:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
IMHO, not very good value for money if you're using it mostly for dining...the dining discounts exclude all service charges, taxes, gratuities and alcohol...so you'll need to eat in the hotel a lot to get your money's worth. If you eat at the hotel once every two weeks or so, then over the course of a whole year you'll probably save money, but you'd still be paying the expensive hotel restaurant rates to begin with.

If you do plan to be dining in the hotel every two weeks, though, and you need someone else to dine with to get the 50% off, you're more than welcome to take me along.

I'd skip the Platinum Privilege programme altogether, and find other places to dine, myself...especially since where I live, you can get wonderful food anywhere for a few dollars a plate.
Old Jan 29, 2001, 8:09 am

can you provide more details, or tell me where to get them. I did this once about five years ago and thought it a reasonable deal because one of my favorite restaurants was included and I used it often. What is the current price and where can I get a list of the benefits? Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2001, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Wormwood,

I purchased mine in Australia, and you get 14 "free" meals, and 15 nights at 50 or 60% off the rack rate at Asia Pacific Starwood properties. May get other things, I am getting my membership pack soon.

The cost is about $230 AUD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.