Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Key Largo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2000, 9:06 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Westin Key Largo

Anyone been there? I was suprised to find no comments anywhere on this property? Urgent replies appreciated, as this is sort of a last-minute thing.

All comments, including Platinum treatment appeciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 17, 2000, 10:19 am

Stayed there in Sept. on a $30 priceline rate. I called the Platinum SPG desk prior to arrival so the hotel would know my status but I wasn't expecting much on a $30 rate. Upon I arrival I learned I was in the "Hammock Suite". It was a very large suite with a jacuzzi bath. Very nice. A tin of key lime cookies were sent up along with a letter from the GM. I was very pleased.

The hotel itself is just ok. My room had a heavenly bed which was a plus. The whole place is pretty tired. The pools are nothing to write home about and the "beach" is a joke.

Unless you are diving or boating Key Largo can be a pretty boring place to be. We stayed here as a stopover returning from Key West.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 18, 2000, 8:10 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I stayed there in August and agree that it's long overdue for a renovation. Staff wasn't too terrific either: wait staff at the restaurant was unbelievably slow, housekeeping seemed to overlook the debris littering the walkways to the rooms. It didn't deserve to be called a Westin, more of a very basic, old Sheraton.
Old Dec 18, 2000, 8:23 pm

Ditto.

Blow it off. Stay in Miami or Key West.
Old Dec 25, 2000, 6:13 pm

In my opinion, it's nothing to write home about. Stayed there for 3 days last year. No visible Starwood benefits. I'm a platinum member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.