Wiki Posts
Search

Sheratons in Buenos Aires???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2000, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Sheratons in Buenos Aires???

I am planning a trip to EZE for New Years Eve and want to stay at one of the three Starwoods there. Does anyone have any opinions about the Park Tower vs the Sheraton Libertador vs the Sheraton BA Convention Center?? Good location is probably most important to me at this point. Also, I am a Platinum, so hopefully some sort of upgrade will be possible!

Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2000, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I stayed at the Libertador last year. The service was exceptional, and I don't know if its because I'm an SPG plat, or what (I don't think it had been a Sheraton very long). I was given one of the nicest suites ever, anywhere, though the room was just a bit worn. The location was very good. People don't seem too impressed with the other Sheraton. I haven't stayed at the Park Tower, but location is also good, and apparently the service is exceptional (as you will find in many BsAs hotels).
Old Dec 13, 2000, 5:52 pm

Uh-oh, I have a future reservation at the Sheraton on San Martin (I think that is the convention center but I'm not sure). I hope that is not one of the bad ones. I'm interested in anyone's experiences also.
Old Dec 14, 2000, 11:38 am

Stayed at the Libertador in May. Was given a normal size room when I first checked in, even though I presented my platinum card and asked for a suite upgrade. When I got to the room I told the person bringing up my luggage that I was a Starwood platinum and could he please check on a suite upgrade for me. I received a call about an hour later informing me that I would be upgraded...to the 'Presidential suite' for my week stay. Needless to say I was stunned but extremely appreciative. I can only guess that the normal suites were already occupied...who was I to question them?! I beleive they have two Presidentials and they are HUGE multi-room suites. The bathroom is so large it has its own hall way to get to everything including a sauna and jacuzzi hot tub. The location of the Libertador is excellent. Within walking distance of everything. Have fun in B.A.
Old Dec 14, 2000, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The Park Tower occupies the top floors of the main Sheraton which overlooks the railway station/Big Ben and Faulklands war memorial/San Martin square. The term "convention centre" is a bit of a misnomer, because it is not one of those massive places, just a number of meeting rooms at the base of the main hotel.

I stayed at the Park Tower two years ago and was quite impressed by the service (butlers of course) and overall quality of the rooms and amenities. I was brought tea and biscuits shorly after arriving. You check in over a glass of champagne in a space just off to the right from the main hotel, and there is a separate bank of elevators.

The location is not as central for walking to various places or even getting to the subway as is the Libertador, which joined the Sheraton group a few months after my stay. Both Sheratons are more convenient to the city centre than is the Hilton [which you were asking about on the Hilton forum. I posted some notes on that one a few months back]. You can't go wrong with either Sheraton, though if price is a factor, you might also check out the Holiday Inn Express just down the street from the main Sheraton.

BA is a great city, full of distinct neighbourhoods, each perfect for spending a few hours walking through. And the beef is to die for, which is what the cattle do for us so we can enjoy their tender flanks.
Old Dec 14, 2000, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
I stayed at the Park Tower about 1 1/2 years ago on an spg award. IMHO accommodation in BA is rather expensive + the 21% hotel tax sure doesn’t help… to me it is a great place to use an award (if you are not on business, of course). The Park Tower is not on the top two floors of the Sheraton as mentioned above (although the old Sheraton probably does have a towers section on the top). It is new construction that was build as an addition onto the Sheraton. It has it’s own entrance and lobby (but is still attached to the Sheraton). If you look at the web site you can see the attachment stuck to the right side of the Sheraton.

I was upgraded to a regular suite on my stay (the hotel has many extravagant suites too). It was a great suite. 1 ½ beautiful marble baths. Separate shower and toilet/bidet room + Jacuzzi too. Frette linens, high quality furnishings. Nice view of San Martin Plaza (there is a bit of traffic noise even though the room has good sound proofing). Just after arrival TWO butlers arrived with champagne and a three-tiered silver-serving tray full of nuts, dried fruit, cookies, etc. They also brought an aperitif in the evening and a little desert every day. Great staff, very efficient. It is the best Starwood hotel I have ever stayed in with the possible exception of the St Regis NYC (I didn’t have a suite there). Only problem was I never wanted to leave the room!
Old Dec 15, 2000, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You're correct about it being attached to and not on the top floor of the main Sharaton. I was confusing BA with another property, schriste. Now that I recall it, the elevator rides were not that long and I was just on the 11th floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.