Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis NYC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2000, 7:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
RE: Manadalay

Maybe I was just in a really good mood to be at a nice place... The corp TA has booked me at the Excalibur for the trip. After spending the first night there, I bolted first thing in the morning. (If I hadn't had a 12:30 a.m. arrival, I would've bolted when I walked in the door.)

[This message has been edited by rocky (edited 02-03-2000).]
Old Feb 3, 2000, 9:37 pm
Original Member

I think the Mandalay is really nice too.
Old Feb 28, 2000, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
I had the pleasure of staying at the St Regis twice last year using a free Friday award. In addition to the comments others have made, I would like to add that that there are many other subtle things about the St Regis that make it a wonderful place to stay. The elevators are tucked away behind french doors so you can not hear them in the halls (or your room). I never once saw a maid cart or used room service trays cluttering the halls. The rooms are amazingly quite. You do not hear the usual chorus of doors slamming all night long (why ALL other hotels can’t solve this problem is beyond me). Turndown service includes slippers and linen mats placed by your bed + all of the lights including the chandelier are set to “low”. If you get a Deluxe or above room the bathrooms include a separate shower. The air-conditioning vents even have the St Regis logo in them and are spotlessly clean. It is very expensive, but the attention to detail is very impressive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.