Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Point transfer question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2000, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA
Starwood Point transfer question

I am a member of American Express Membership Rewards and Click Rewards and have a build up of points in each account. The airlines I used the most are American and Northwest.
Click Rewards is currently offering a 2 for 1 transfer in to a Starwood Account. American Express does not use AA or NW.

My question: Can I transfer Click Rewards miles into a Starwood account and then transfer Starwood points, at a rate of 1 to 1, into AA or NW? Can I also transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into the Starwood account and then tranfer these to NW or AA at a 1 to 1 exchange? What airlines is Starwood affiliated with?

Any comments/suggestions appreciated!

Old Feb 28, 2000, 11:56 am

AMEX tsfr 3 to 1 Starwood. Starwood has almost all domestic US airlines.
Old Feb 28, 2000, 2:34 pm

The answer to all of your questions is yes, BUT:
I highly do not recommend transferring MR points into SPG. 3:1 is really crappy.
Old Feb 28, 2000, 4:50 pm

Snackyx, can't you transfer the click rewards to starwood, then whichever airline you prefer. Then take the Amex MR points and put them into USair and then pool w/ AA miles for an AA award? I think this works, though I haven't checked Amex's partner list lately, but I believe US is on there. I haven't tried this pooling feature, but I understand it can be done. I don't know if it's possible to upgrade to Amex's premium MR Plus service (offered with the black card) without that card, but with that service you CAN transfer to AA.
Old Feb 28, 2000, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA
Just to clarify....I can transfer Click Rewards to Starwood until March 31 at 2 to 1, then transfer the Starwood Points to an airline account 1 to 1---even though I have never stayed a night at a Starwood Hotel (I'm a Marriot Rewards member)?

Just want to be sure befoe I make the switch. Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2000, 5:43 pm

I don't know if it's possible to upgrade to Amex's premium MR Plus service (offered with the black card) without that card, but with that service you CAN transfer to AA.
No, you can't.
Old Feb 28, 2000, 10:23 pm

There is another thread which address the whole MR to American issue and believe me, tranferring to USAir then pooling with AA is by far the best deal. MR to Starwood is only a 3:1 ratio but MR to USAir is 1:1. I am doing the same thing for a trip to the Virgin Islands. Here is the other thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum97/HTML/000094.html

[This message has been edited by travelnut (edited 02-28-2000).]
Old Feb 29, 2000, 6:27 pm

The upgraded MR Plus service does NOT allow you to transfer points into your American account. The program actually BUYS you a ticket with money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.