Community
Wiki Posts
Search

online award booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 1999, 2:15 pm
Melissa at WebFlyer

online award booking

Does anyone have any comments regarding award booking?

Old Aug 4, 1999, 8:42 am

If by that you're refering to online award booking I was able to book an award painlessly myself online.
If you're referring to calling Starwood to book an award my only comment is this - don't call their regular reservations office to cancel a reservation, call Starwood Preferred Guest otherwise your points won't go back to your account.
Old Aug 4, 1999, 8:30 pm

I have never booked award travel online, but I have called the service centre a number of times to book my award stays...never a problem. I always try to book at least three months ahead and have yet to be refused a specific day(s). Rome, London, Acapulco...never a hitch.
As an aside, when Sheraton became Starwood, some of the point requirements were lowered, others raised. A stay I had already booked under Sheraton subsequently required fewer points under Starwood. One call to the service centre and the difference in points was credited immediately.
Full marks to Starwood!
Old Aug 11, 1999, 9:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
This is a dumb question. But how do you book a Starwood award online? I can't seem to find it on the Preferred Guest webpage. Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 1999, 11:50 am

Melissa...I had posted here about CS at the PG line, but deleted it later since no one responded.
I called the PG line and had great service from a CSR; then I posted that here. The next day I got an e-mail from the CSR's boss thanking me for the kind words & assuring me that Starwood reads F-T regularly.
Old Aug 11, 1999, 1:34 pm
Original Member

I think it's very wise of starwood to read F-t. For that matter every Hotel/Airline should be reading their forum to see what their customers are saying.

I just hope starwood is reading the thread on the 800 phone number charges closely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.