Search

The worlds fastest posting?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 1999, 11:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

The worlds fastest posting?

Starwood does it again.

I stayed this week at the Sheraton Crescent in Phoenix, checked out around 8am friday,
checked my starwood statement online friday night at 8pm and the points were already posted
Old Aug 2, 1999, 11:00 am
Commander Catcop

Starwood has been on top of posting credits in most cases, and if you call to check on a discrepency they will review and post it, ofen within hours of the call.

Starwood must be taking its posting lessons from Delta, because if I'm not mistaken Delta posts almost as soon as you hand over the boarding pass (at least I think on the automated account inquiry system.)
Old Aug 2, 1999, 11:32 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
On DL your mileage shows as soon as your flight is scheduled to depart if you're entered as being on that flight (they've collected your ticket/boarding pass).

I'd like to point out however that I don't think Starwood is consistently that fast (though they are fast for hotel chains I've found, just not same day fast usually!), whereas DL is consistently that fast.
Old Aug 2, 1999, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The Starwoods that were on the Sheraton system post really fast, the others are variable, but gradually getting better. My posts have varied from 24 hrs to a month.
Old Aug 2, 1999, 8:50 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

The only posting I've had delayed was the Westin in Omaha, all other have been within 3 days. Which is excellent by any standard.
Old Aug 3, 1999, 8:10 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Major kudos to Starwood for prompt posting! I had completed my 5th paid stay last Friday for their new promotion (3 Free Friday Nites) and thought I would check Monday to see if they were posted---YES!! I then proceeded to the promotion desk to see if I could get a reservation for a Friday nite at the DI in LAS in September (9/10) generally a popular & often times sold out period -- YES AGAIN. At this rate I may just have to start using Starwood rather than my old standby Hyatt.
Old Aug 3, 1999, 8:59 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
By hotel standards, Starwood is definitely quick in posting points to your account. I just wish that they would allow you to view more of your previous transactions/stays online.
Old Aug 3, 1999, 11:47 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
Part of the reason is that on the Web site, you're looking straight at the database that Starwood uses -- as soon as they post something, you can see it. Some companies do a periodic update.

In cases where I've had to call about problems or request awards, I could instantly confirm that things were taken care of by hitting "reload" on the account summary page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.