Community
Wiki Posts
Search

free fridays--St, Regis Wash, DC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 1999, 10:32 am
Original Poster

free fridays--St, Regis Wash, DC

just booked two free fridays (7/30 and 8/6) at the Washington, DC St. Regis... surprised there was still availability to redeem the award this late.

have never stayed here. does anyone have any opinions? i am excited to stay at a st. regis property (have stayed in Ws, Sheratons and Westins but St. R's). even more excited it will only cost me $68 (paying only tax for a $600 room). the hotel is actually only a 5-minute walk away from where I live in DC. i will post a report after the stay.

jexjex

------------------

Old Jul 28, 1999, 11:06 am
Original Member

What kind of tax would you have to pay for a free room? I wasn't aware of this caveat.
Old Jul 28, 1999, 12:01 pm

I'v never paid tax on a free stay at a Starwood property (20+ free stays this year). I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised and not pay a charge.
Old Jul 28, 1999, 12:54 pm

I stayed there 3 times when it was the Carilton. the lobby is nice, the rooms not that much.

Now it is St. Regis, I dont know what it looks like now... may be they made some changes.. I dont know.. you tell us..

I stayed at the westin fairfax and the westin grand... the westin grand is the best for me.

good luck,

KSA_USA
Old Jul 28, 1999, 3:10 pm
pgupta011

I don't recall paying tax either. Are the rules for "Free Friday" different than the point redemptions?

Old Jul 30, 1999, 9:51 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

If you take a look at the terms and conditions of the preferred guest website, it will say that the free night apply to both Room and Tax...

What kind of room did they give you?

Regards,
Empress
Old Aug 2, 1999, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Hey all-
Just spent last Friday and the st. regis in Wash, DC...a King-sized bed on the 2nd floor. I think it was their business suite. Will also be there this Friday.

Would have to say that I was impressed by the room---spacious, great bed, complimentary fruit bowl, fax, nice bathroom. Weird, but the only thing missing was the remote control and the guide/overview of the property. I looked everywhere but couldn't find either of them.

The fitness room was OK--small, rowing machines, stationary bikes and a treadmill. No pool (have to write a letter of intro to an outside facility down the street). Had breakfast at L'Espinasse (sp?)... excellent french toast, but the service was a slow as molasses.

btw, i was not charged for tax on the room as originally told (misinformed) by the Starwood reserv agent. Ended up with a $600 room for $3 (they did charge $1 for outbound local calls... kind of ridiculous).

jexjex

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.