Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Gold Free Breakfast???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 1999, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Starwood Gold Free Breakfast???

I don't know if this is a new perk for Starwood Gold members, but when I checked into the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Chicago yesterday (on a discounted AAA rate--with no upgrade), they first asked what type of daily newspaper I wanted (nothing new in that) and then said "wait a minute, while we get you your free breakfast certificates". I didn't know anything about this, but I took them gladly. Problem is--dining room opens at 6 am--the same time I am headed out the door for the office. Oh well, since they were not dated perhaps I can use them on a weekend when I am in town!
Old Jul 19, 1999, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You could have had a weekend "package" rate that included a breakfast allowance. There are lots of those out there at various properties.
Old Jul 19, 1999, 11:07 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, I have gotten these, though rarely. Usually it is due to some special circumstance such as the lounge being closed, as for renovation, weekend etc.
Old Jul 23, 1999, 8:53 pm

i am platinum - and normally have to ask for these breakfast certificates - and when i do - the desk clerk looks at me as if I am asking for the moon.

Congratulations.

platinum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.