Wiki Posts
Search

Joining Bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 1999, 4:55 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Joining Bonus?

Just joined the Starwood PG program. Could have sworn that I did so after seeing some promo somewhere about getting some free Starpoints to start out with. however, there don't seem to be any introductory bonus points posted to my account, just the 2 hotel stays so far, and I can't for the life of me recall where I saw this info. Anyone have any ideas, or any such info that I can use to get an introductory bonus from Starwood? Boy, the mind sure goes as you get older. Thanks for any help.

Djlawman

Old Jul 23, 1999, 5:38 pm
pgupta011

I don't think that there is a bonus for joining SPG. But I think that Sheraton and Westin used to have some promotions for bonus miles once you enrolled and stayed a certain number of times (agree with your comment about the grey cells though, so I can't be sure). I don't know if Starwood has something similar or not.

About 10 years ago I had once received an offer from Westin for some bonus points for two stays, and I signed up for the offer. For many years (5+) I did not stay at a Westin. When I finally did, I was surprised when the bonus points automatically showed up on my statement. Now that is great customer service.

There is a 1000 point bonus for getting the no-annual fee Starwood Optima and making a charge on it. Its a great card and one which I would not hesitate to recommend to friends. Also you can get 175 MyPoints (if you collect those), by applying for the Starwood Optima at www.mypoints.com

[This message has been edited by pgupta011 (edited 07-23-1999).]

Old Jul 23, 1999, 6:25 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
When I first signed up for the Sheraton program (back before it was Starwood obviously) I got a 250 point bonus for using the AMEX card in my profile to guarantee any future reservations ... some of the easiest frequent traveler points I ever earned

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.