Search

No capacity controls... in writing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 1999, 10:38 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
No capacity controls... in writing

Was looking through my SPG materials last night and came across an insert that puts this ever elusive fact in writing.

Main hed: "If we have a room, you have a room."

"When you have enough Starpoints for a Preferred Award Night, you can redeem them where you want, when you want -- weekdays or weekends, even during our busiest seasons.

"We also don't limit the number of rooms available for Preferred Award Nights."
Old Jul 21, 1999, 12:03 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sound good but time will tell. Sounds like they are already making it harder by required two day stays etc. See other threads!
Old Jul 21, 1999, 12:13 pm
Original Member

I think starwood's statement speaks for itself.

As for hotels requiring a minimum stay, well a bunch of properties require this. I've seen it from time to time in AAA tourbooks.

The policy seems simple enough to me.
If you can book a property for money, you can get for starpoints.

In the case of the minimum stay requirement, you couldn't book just one night for money, you can't for starpoints, or free fridays.

I see nothing wrong with how this is working,
in fact Starwood's policy is probably clearest in the industry.
Old Jul 21, 1999, 6:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I think the only limitation on the award chart is the 50% off. There are blackout days for this award. ie. None of the Vancouver properties are taking it Labor weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.