Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Reservation "relocated" - does this fall under Walk Policy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation "relocated" - does this fall under Walk Policy?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Oh, come on. That's hardly fair. I stayed at the Westin DFW just five nights ago and there was no problem. This sounds like something came up like a burst pipe, etc. There's no indication that the hotel intentionally overbooked.
You are obviously a very trusting person I would tend to assume that it is better PR to say "we have had an incident" than to say "we have had a better offer for the room". Surely a major property incident would be corroborated by press coverage etc too.

Also if I suffered a major incident like a plumbing melt down at home would I be absolved of my contractual obligations to a Starwood property I held a non cancellable inflexible booking with? Was the Hyatt available for the same price as the Westin? Did the OP get a room upgrade and free breakfast? Did they get spg credit?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Surely a major property incident would be corroborated by press coverage etc too.
Very doubtful. These things are rarely press-worthy unless they involve a fire.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
You are obviously a very trusting person I would tend to assume that it is better PR to say "we have had an incident" than to say "we have had a better offer for the room". Surely a major property incident would be corroborated by press coverage etc too.
It's true that I tend to be a trusting person. But it may not necessarily be better PR to say that they've had an incident. Depends on the circumstances.

Also if I suffered a major incident like a plumbing melt down at home would I be absolved of my contractual obligations to a Starwood property I held a non cancellable inflexible booking with?
Of course not. A plumbing incident at your home doesn't prevent you from traveling; although you may choose not to travel in order to stay home and deal with the plumbing. But many things can happen at a hotel which would prevent it from renting a room to you, regardless of whether or not you prepaid.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It would seem to be a pretty major incident to require that the hotel relocate a Plat.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It would seem to be a pretty major incident to require that the hotel relocate a Plat.
Exactly, they would not do so without a real problem, I cant see any hotel pushing Plats to a competitors property unless they had to, what if he/she ended up staying at the other hotel in the future, sounds like the SPG property handled it very well.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:24 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How about walking a Plat100 from a pre-paid room at $781 a night at the SF St Regis? Not a plumbing issue, just a run of the mill greed thing.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...room-rate.html

IMO I would be happy at the Grand Hyatt.. not at the other hyatt.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
How about walking a Plat100 from a pre-paid room at $781 a night at the SF St Regis? Not a plumbing issue, just a run of the mill greed thing.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...room-rate.html

IMO I would be happy at the Grand Hyatt.. not at the other hyatt.
Yes, I know.....

In the case of this thread, the OP should have the opportunity to negotiate in advance, for example to suggest a different alternate hotel or to be comped for SPG elite benefits. At midnight in a full city, there aren't many options beyond what the hotel offers at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.