Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
SPG More For You

Registered members can earn double Starpoints on eligible stays of two or more nights and triple Starpoints if the stay includes a Friday or Saturday night (Thursday or Friday night in the Middle East). Earn big on eligible stays at more than 1,000 participating hotels and resorts from September 15 through December 15, 2014.

Registration page

Terms & Conditions

Non Participating Properties List

Promo FAQs

Promo Tracker
Print Wikipost

2014 Q3/4 Global Promo : SPG More For You

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
why wouldn't you get points for the paid stay night?
Because that's the way the rules are written?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by catarina
My last stay is 15 nights and runs past the promo end date. I'd like to know how they calculate bonus for that.

I read the T&C's, but saw nothing in particular for this scenario.

Ah, but did you read the FAQ :P

"If I check in before September 15, 2014, or check out after December 15, 2014, does my stay earn the bonus?

Yes, as long as two nights of the stay are within the promotion period, bonus Starpoints will be earned on every night during the entire stay (even if part of the stay falls outside the promotion period).
"

https://www.spgpromos.com/moreforyou...RYOU_PROMOTION
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RAPC
The UK except the Aloft London Excel appears to have opted out. Getting a bit silly now and bordering on Hilton-esque with the exclusions in some countries and major markets.

For those it works for, then enjoy the bonuses. They don't always work for all of us, but I certainly don't begrudge those who can do well from this. Win some, lose some.
In all fairnesss Sheraton Heathrow Skyline is in on this promo as well.

Last edited by raunow; Sep 9, 2014 at 12:45 am Reason: spelling
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ck646
The number of exclusions in the Northeast is absolutely ridiculous. I'm 15 nights away from Ambassador and will move the remaining 45 nights (all at non-participating SPG hotels) to Marriott
Interesting. So you'll pass on 1+ years of Ambassador status because you can't get as many bonus opportunities this quarter as you want? To me, having an Ambassador has made a world of difference when I've had her involved in a rezzie.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:35 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by FozBoy
Amazingly, according to the T&C two properties in London opted-out of this promotion:

•Sheraton Park Tower, London - this property doesn't exist anymore... it is now called The Park Tower Knightsbridge

•The Lanesborough, a St. Regis Hotel - this one is even funnier: it's closed for renovations, and it's not expected to reopen before March 2015; whereas SPG More For You Q4 promotion ends on December 15, 2014 !
Indeed!

Le Méridien Vilnius is also on the list, and it's deflagging 30th September. Oh well, it's not participating for the first 2+ weeks
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by remymartin
Indeed!

Le Méridien Vilnius is also on the list, and it's deflagging 30th September. Oh well, it's not participating for the first 2+ weeks
Not to mention Le Meridien Brussels, which was shut in bankruptcy this summer.

But technically these properties ARE non-partcipating ;-)
Old Sep 9, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
The non-participating list is very long and all the hotels I am staying at between now and the end of the year are on this list

I guess in any promo there are always winners and losers - c'est la vie
Old Sep 9, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Really weak with the combo 2 nights and big exclusion list
Better than nothing
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by controller1
Typically, two reservations (one award, one paid) at the same property for consecutive nights will be treated as an award stay with no points provided for the room rates on the paid reservation. Points would only be provided for incidentals.
Good to know.

I guess the way to get around this is to check out, then check back in.

This promo is useless for me (only 1 revenue stay of 2 nights), so will keep using my year round BRG promo which is much more lucrative anyhow.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by RAPC
The UK except the Aloft London Excel appears to have opted out. Getting a bit silly now and bordering on Hilton-esque with the exclusions in some countries and major markets.
Despite the crumb of comfort from the Skyline being included this time, SPG members in the UK, in Boston, San Francisco, New York etc should be reaching for their dictionary and asking Starwood's copywriters to amend their descriptor to read "....selective promotion".

Originally Posted by a dictionary
global
/ˈgləʊb(ə)l/
adjective
relating to or encompassing the whole of something, or of a group of things.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Good to know.

I guess the way to get around this is to check out, then check back in.

This promo is useless for me (only 1 revenue stay of 2 nights), so will keep using my year round BRG promo which is much more lucrative anyhow.
However, there would need to be at least a day between your check-out and your check-in.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Not necessarily. I suspect if you ask for 2 separate folios (one personal, one for your expense account) and change rooms if necessary, that the stays would post separately. I often book consecutive one night reservations to maintain flexibility, and they often post separately without my asking for that.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Not necessarily. I suspect if you ask for 2 separate folios (one personal, one for your expense account) and change rooms if necessary, that the stays would post separately. I often book consecutive one night reservations to maintain flexibility, and they often post separately without my asking for that.
Well YMMV but the rules state:
i. An "Eligible Stay" is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same SPG Participating Hotel by an SPG Member who: (A) provides his/her SPG Member number at the time of reservation or at check-in; and (B) pays an Eligible Rate or, for stays on or after October 1, 2011, redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for the stay; and (C) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If an SPG Member checks-out and then checks-back in to the same SPG Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating Eligible Stays. An SPG Member may earn credit for up to three guest rooms during any Eligible Stay if he/she stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays an Eligible Rate or, for stays on or after October 1, 2011, redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for all of the guest rooms.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Ah, but did you read the FAQ :P

"If I check in before September 15, 2014, or check out after December 15, 2014, does my stay earn the bonus?

Yes, as long as two nights of the stay are within the promotion period, bonus Starpoints will be earned on every night during the entire stay (even if part of the stay falls outside the promotion period).
"

https://www.spgpromos.com/moreforyou...RYOU_PROMOTION
Saaawwweeet!!!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:53 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Dagnabbit! I am at 103 nights for the year and was going to do a Hyatt Diamond challenge over the next few months... hrm...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.