Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

anyone had stay at W Hotel Lakeshore at Chicago IL after their reno

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone had stay at W Hotel Lakeshore at Chicago IL after their reno

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:38 am
Original Poster

W Chicago Lakeshore 2014 (AFTER RENO) , Chicago, IL

Has anyone stayed at this hotel near Navy Pier ?

review at tripadvisor is poor and lots complains

I see rates being sold at $419/nt

still considering this or the westin rivernorth or sheraton towers.

I am a gold member only , I guess the most I expect is free internet.

Last edited by draerospace; Jul 28, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Haven't done the W since the reno, but regardless I'd choose the Westin River North...nicer property, better location.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by draerospace
Has anyone stayed at this hotel near Navy Pier ?

review at tripadvisor is poor and lots complains

I see rates being sold at $419/nt

still considering this or the westin rivernorth or sheraton towers.

I am a gold member only , I guess the most I expect is free internet.
There are some comments at the end of the current master thread.
W Chicago Lakeshore 2007, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]

I wonder if its possible for this to be the NEW master thread, with the title "W Chicago Lakeshore 2014, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]"
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, American Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was there a month ago. I was extremely happy with the hotel. I was given a suite with a terrific view of the lake and navy pier, so I may be a bit biased with my opinion. Also, I had not stayed at this property previously, but I was very pleased with everything about this property. The only nit that they could not control was the low availability of cabs. Uber is a must if you stay here and require a cab.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoVA guy
I was there a month ago. I was extremely happy with the hotel. I was given a suite with a terrific view of the lake and navy pier, so I may be a bit biased with my opinion. Also, I had not stayed at this property previously, but I was very pleased with everything about this property. The only nit that they could not control was the low availability of cabs. Uber is a must if you stay here and require a cab.

thats awesome , their current rate is $499 /nt standard room , and Westin River North is $389/nt + $50 for club room . Were you a platinum member to get upgrade? I don't think they ever upgrade gold to a suite .

I am pretty sure for Aug1-3 , its high rate everywhere in downtown .
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:54 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Chicago's certainly gotten expensive in the last few years.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
The economy has improved so rates are up.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Stayed here in June. The lobby was really nice, but I could still here the conversation happening in the room above me and the A/C's are still ridiculously loud. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: MR Plat, AA EXP, Hertz Presidents Club, SPG Plat
Stayed there last weekend (August 31)

I really liked the property. Nice view of the lake, rooms were fresh and the lobby was hip. I would stay there again. I was also upgraded to a suite on a point stay. I am lower level plat.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
When are you staying? I'm going in Oct so if you're after that I can give you some input.

I started a thread recently asking the same questions: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ver-north.html

I spoke with a friend who lives in Chicago and recommended the Westin RN - along with some other folks on FT. It's close to the night life - if that's what you want - whereas Lakeshore just has a nice view of the lake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.