Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stag Do Ideas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
What about WAW? Cheap Starwoods abound with excellent Plat recognition. Cheap booze abound, too.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by remymartin
What about WAW? Cheap Starwoods abound with excellent Plat recognition. Cheap booze abound, too.
Krakow perhaps as it is much more beautiful. I would not personally go to Warsaw for any reason except business.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Colleague (also based here in London) had his in Edinburgh, and had a cracking time. The Sheraton in Edinburgh gets great reviews.

The Turnberry outside of Glascow might be another idea.

Sure, perhaps you & your mates want to get out of the UK.....perhaps there's food for thought in the "no place like home" route.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
One more for the easy/cheap-to-get-to list is Dublin, with the Westin providing an oasis of calm amongst the traditional stag activities ....
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:21 pm
JK
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
One more for the easy/cheap-to-get-to list is Dublin, with the Westin providing an oasis of calm amongst the traditional stag activities ....
Indeed - but no.

[I virtually lived at the Westin Dublin for over 2 years. While everything and everyone was fantastic, I'd have no desire to return for a while, and certainly not to Dublin for a stag do! I'm struggling to find the right word, but 'messy' comes to mind.]
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by JK
Indeed - but no.

[I virtually lived at the Westin Dublin for over 2 years. While everything and everyone was fantastic, I'd have no desire to return for a while, and certainly not to Dublin for a stag do! I'm struggling to find the right word, but 'messy' comes to mind.]
Odd, because "stag do" also is a synonym for messy.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:57 pm
JK
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
Haha, I know! The sheer thought of it is filling me with terror!
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
The thread title could suggest a FT event involving male animals in the deer family, maybe to pet them, maybe to hunt them, maybe to eat them (like COW DO).
Old Jan 31, 2014, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The thread title could suggest a FT event involving male animals in the deer family, maybe to pet them, maybe to hunt them, maybe to eat them (like COW DO).
I regularly eat deer. Does and fawns are tastier than stags.

Cheers,
Old Jan 31, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Do reindeer count?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:07 am

Thumbs up

If your looking for something a bit different, then Belgrade is the place, has every thing you could possibly want for a boys weekend away, and its fresh and untouched by stag parties as of yet.

Give it a go, you wont be sorry

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 8, 2015 at 8:45 am Reason: remove commercial link, as per FT rules.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by funbelgrade
If your looking for something a bit different, then Belgrade is the place, has every thing you could possibly want for a boys weekend away, and its fresh and untouched by stag parties as of yet.

Give it a go, you wont be sorry
Agree with the Belgrade suggestion but have you thought about Tirana. There's a really nice Sheraton there and the city is way, way cheaper than anywhere I've been in Europe.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Munich? Not the most wild and crazy city around, but not boring, either... Easy flight, easy to do on the cheap (or not), and several SPG hotels...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Is this an indirect invite??? ^^
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:20 pm

Sheraton Sopot is fairly cheap and close to many clubs/pubs.
Plenty of LCC options LON-GDN too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.