Wiki Posts
Search

Changing an Z5H booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Changing an Z5H booking

Afternoon all.

I booked a Z5H room at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Dubai. As luck would have it, 24 hours later, I have had to return to London early so can only stay 4 nights instead of 5.

Now I know this is advertised as non-refundable and non-exchangable, however, does anyone know if Starwood exercise this to the letter, or is there any scope for a refund or a credit elsewhere to spend in the hotel, say?

I booked this in the UK on an AA Amex, so perhaps someone better than me might know if I am protected by any "cool-off" period or refund guarantee on the card?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Ed
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by Panda4
Afternoon all.

I booked a Z5H room at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Dubai. As luck would have it, 24 hours later, I have had to return to London early so can only stay 4 nights instead of 5.

Now I know this is advertised as non-refundable and non-exchangable, however, does anyone know if Starwood exercise this to the letter, or is there any scope for a refund or a credit elsewhere to spend in the hotel, say?

I booked this in the UK on an AA Amex, so perhaps someone better than me might know if I am protected by any "cool-off" period or refund guarantee on the card?

Ed
is 4 nights cheaper? if not, keep the original reservation, bounce out early and get the extra night credit. otherwise, there is usually not much that can be done, although I have had success in contacting the properties directly in instances of non-refundable rates and discussing the circumstances directly with the hotel. if they have not already charged your CC, it is usually easier to facilitate a change to the reservation by discussing directly with the hotel.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Call the hotel, they would surely help.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:15 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Afternoon all.

Ed
Your first sentence indicates that the stay had commenced. Z5H rate means you paid for 4 nights and got the 5th night free. Since you consumed the 4 free nights, it's unlikely you would get a refund for the free night.

The only way you could have made this benefit you, would be to contact the hotel direct, before the stay, and if they offer it, ask if they are prepared to change the Z5H to a Z4H.

If the stay had commenced, I doubt they would help.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:46 pm

I believe Z5H is a promo code that will give 25% discount for stays of 5 nights or more. since you stayed 4 nights you are not eligible to use that code. but call the hotel, you never know.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Changing an Z5H booking

Thanks all - the stay has not yet commenced. I will get in touch with the hotel and see how it goes.

My card hasn't been charged... Yet.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 3:02 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Thanks all - the stay has not yet commenced. I will get in touch with the hotel and see how it goes.

My card hasn't been charged... Yet.
My experience, with the card not having been charged, is about 70% success rate. Once the card is charged, the best one can expect in a credit for the amount charged. Good luck
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardKopf
My experience, with the card not having been charged, is about 70% success rate. Once the card is charged, the best one can expect in a credit for the amount charged. Good luck
Well that's hopeful, many thanks. How did you do it - ring the hotel?

I emailed this morning, but yet to receive a reply.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by RichardKopf
+1, same thing here, but it's 100% in my case, once the hotel charges the account your our of luck.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. By way of update:

1) According to click-and-chat, Grosvenor House claimed this could only be done by a manager, who is not there until tomorrow (Saturday 8th)

2) I later received an email (Thursday 6th) from the assistant at Grosvenor House, i.e. not the manager confirming I couldn't do this.

My card has still not been charged, so I'll see where I get to. I can't really complain too much if they decide to stick to policy, though.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:13 am

Thanks all. By way of update:

1) According to click-and-chat, Grosvenor House claimed this could only be done by a manager, who is not there until tomorrow (Saturday 8th)

2) I later received an email (Thursday 6th) from the assistant at Grosvenor House, i.e. not the manager confirming I couldn't do this.

My card has still not been charged, so I'll see where I get to. I can't really complain too much if they decide to stick to policy, though.
Check your inbox.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.