Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Jumping through hoops to get spg points for a meal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jumping through hoops to get spg points for a meal

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I just dined at a SW property recently and received my points the very next day - and a stay credit along with it

I'm sure the stay credit is not suppose to be there, but hopefully it sticks
Old Jun 8, 2013, 11:34 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
At the Starwood Guildford Sheraton in Vancouver (Surrey) BC, the wait staff had no idea what I was talking about. Rather, they were familiar points were allowed, but didn't know how to go about doing it.

I called in and they manually adjusted the points via telephone without any supporting documentation required.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
You called into the hotel directly or to spg?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Finally resolved for me.

Got a very nice e-mail from the person at the St. Regis (on a Saturday), very apologetic, said to look for the points in 3-5 business days.

They're already there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.