Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New York Trip Advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:01 pm

What train traveling advice do you have?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:17 am
Commander Catcop

You can also do the Westin jersey city. Path train to NYC is a short walk from hotel. Rates are less than most SPG Hotels in nyc
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Someone had mentioned the Element Times Square and I agree. The Sheraton is not one of the newer properties, is a bit "dated" and is always SO noisy with such strange people in the bar downstairs.

Have not stayed at the Westin but my coworkers have and enjoyed it.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
5th night free

I would add if you are already paying for 3 nights, you may want to consider the 5th reward night free option and pay 48,000 for 5 nights. If you fall short in your miles, you can buy the difference and still get value, although I would consider other ways to acquire the points.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question

Correcting my prior post. Just booked at the Sheraton for the long weekend in May and it was 12,000 SPG points per night, not 16,000 as I stated.

I agree with others who say the lobby is dated. Ironically, their WEB site talks about the hotel being renovated so I guess this refers to the lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.