Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please help me decide hotel in Kuala Lumpur

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stylo4444
The Sheraton is easily the better value.

Using 3600 Points per night or paying $88 plus tax per night.

Sorry my previous post should have been 3600 points, not 3000 points.

Last edited by metoo; Jul 14, 2012 at 11:44 pm
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:13 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by metoo
Using 3600 Points per night or paying $88 plus tax per night.
It's pretty much a wash at those rates. Pretty decent redemption. I'd probably stay on points in this case, assuming no other promotions are on, but you'll find plenty of people here who'll tell you, save your points for a higher value redemption.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Bumping this with a question - seems like the Westin is generally considered to be the best option of the three, but as a Plat, which would be the best:

Westin at $150
Le Meridien at $68
Sheraton Imperial at $98

All have C+P, but none would be financially logical given the low-ish rates.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:51 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by steveholt
Westin at $150
Le Meridien at $68
Sheraton Imperial at $98
At $68, I'd pick the LM assuming you're there as a visitor and don't need to be in any particular location for work. The Plat treatment is great, nice club, good suites, great buffet breakfast with a lot of variety. Downsides: KL Sentral is not the most appealing location, and getting to the monorail (which gets you to the area the Westin is located in a few minutes) involves a moderately hellish walk through and around a massive construction site.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:54 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Westin location is awesome. ... but meridien has best value for money. .....
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by cln
Westin location is awesome. ... but meridien has best value for money. .....
Agreed, but the Sheraton is nice too (and a better value). You just pop on the tram right out front to go near the Westin (which is def the best location). And the Sheraton makes fresh juices and smoothies for breakfast :-)

I think the Le Meridien's location is the worst of the 3 - but if money is tight, then $68 can't be beat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.