Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Effective Mar '12: Earn SPG Stay/Night credits for up to 3 (three) rooms per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Effective Mar '12: Earn SPG Stay/Night credits for up to 3 (three) rooms per stay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Originally Posted by fdemoulin
I agree, I think that Platinum will b e greatly devalued, since the Lifetime Plat status, award nights counting, pretty much every member of the public staying at a starwood hotel will have status, so this brings a new super plat tier which will be much tougher to achieve, I received Lifetime Platinum status and was initally delighted, but am already seeing the devaluation, but not complaining!
I totally agree. For me, this is just the latest nail in the coffin of Platinum status. I can't even count how many times I have heard the words, "Sorry we can't do an upgrade, we have lots of Platinum guests in the hotel tonight." While the multiple rooms / nights towards status deal sounds appealing on the surface, the result will no doubt be an exponential increase in the number of Platinum guests vying for upgrades.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:28 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Nights credit for a second room?

If I book two rooms (4 people) on SPG, and pay for both on my credit card, how many nights will I get credit for when counting the 50 needed for PLAT. Will I get 4 nights or 8 nights credit?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:49 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
You can earn credit for the stay + night for up to 3 rooms as long as you book and pay for all the rooms under your name.

So if you book 2 rooms for 4 nights each, you get 2 stays + 8 nights. ^

This new ruling took effect just earlier this year.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
So if you book 2 rooms for 4 nights each, you get 2 stays + 8 nights. ^
AFAIK, it would be 1 stay and 8 nights. Assuming the OP is staying for 4 nights.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:19 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Great news. I don't care about stays but I have an outside chance of getting to 50 nights, so the 8 nights would be very welcome.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:21 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
^^
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by john11111111111
If I book two rooms (4 people) on SPG, and pay for both on my credit card, how many nights will I get credit for when counting the 50 needed for PLAT. Will I get 4 nights or 8 nights credit?
Presuming you mean for four nights and not four people, you should get two stay and eight nights credits for the rooms. Just be sure your name and account are listed on both rooms.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:30 am

sorry i meant two rooms for four nights and two people in each room.

also do the occupants of the second room get any benefits by virtue of being linked to a PLAT?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by john11111111111
sorry i meant two rooms for four nights and two people in each room.

also do the occupants of the second room get any benefits by virtue of being linked to a PLAT?
They are not entitled to any of your benefits, but properties have been known to extend perks. So ask when checking in, but don't be surprised if they say no.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I have almost always had properties extended Plat benes...

....to the other room.
its usually when a hotel is full that they may have an issue, and even then they usually let everyone have access to the club lounge and the free HIS.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by HomerJ
....to the other room.
its usually when a hotel is full that they may have an issue, and even then they usually let everyone have access to the club lounge and the free HIS.
+1 on this. Usually my second room gets the plat benefits also even though its supposed to be for only one room. However, about 2 weeks ago in Cabo both the Sheraton and Westin would not extend the plat breakfast (lounge access at the Westin) to my friends also staying. No big deal, I always warn my friends of the chance it might not happen.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
AFAIK, it would be 1 stay and 8 nights. Assuming the OP is staying for 4 nights.
it would be 2 stays & 8 nights....
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:41 am

I am currently having trouble with the number of nights/stays applied to my account for 3 rooms/3 nights I booked recently. I have contacted the hotel directly but have not yet received a response, but I do hope to get additional 2 stay and 6 night credits (the initial 1 stay/3 nights have been posted)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Multiple Rooms - Multiple Stay Credits

I heard that if you book under your name multiple rooms the same night you get multiple stay and night credits. For example you book for one night 3 rooms under your name and you also pay for it you get 3 stay and 3 night credits. Is this correct?

Thx in advance
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:58 am

Yes 100 % correct. It was made official policy for the SPG program starting March 1 2012.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.