FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1319116-post-how-properties-handle-spg-platinum-breakfast-benefit-introduced-2012-a.html)

controller1 Apr 29, 2018 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by mediator (Post 29694281)
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport: restaurant is closed. Hotel is being rebranded to a Courtyard. Breakfast is by room service only.

I updated the Wiki for this.

coltonatx Apr 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by raunow (Post 29695166)
The Park Plaza, San Francisco:

Full buffet breakfast (reg Price 25$).
High quality cold and warm items. One of the better US Plat breakfast offerings, IMHO.

when did this happen? Park Plaza was one of the worst SPG properties for breakfast along with their resort fee

flyerbjorn Apr 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by coltonatx (Post 29697307)
when did this happen? Park Plaza was one of the worst SPG properties for breakfast along with their resort fee

Park Plaza, as in Park Central? I stay there every so often. It used to be a $5 upgrade fee for hot items, but they haven't charged me that in a long time.

The (ridiculous) resort fee is waived on corporate rates.

raunow Apr 30, 2018 12:08 am

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn (Post 29697479)
Park Plaza, as in Park Central? I stay there every so often. It used to be a $5 upgrade fee for hot items, but they haven't charged me that in a long time.

The (ridiculous) resort fee is waived on corporate rates.

Sorry, meant Park Central, have corrected. In addition to very nice breakfast, I also had the resort fee waived on my corporate rate. This was last week.

cln Apr 30, 2018 12:49 am

updatet wiki ankfurt - The Westin Grand Frankfurt: Breakfast in Lounge plus 500 Points. Lounge includes warm dishes like eggs, hash browns, bacon and sausages, and possibly items from the restaurant on request. Upgrade to full buffet at restaurant at 17€ per person

matravelguy May 1, 2018 10:10 am

Boston - The Liberty Hotel, LC: Anything from the menu it seems. (Oct 2017)
Did a staycation here over the weekend, this seems to have been changed. Benefit is now the menu item called "Continental breakfast," which lets you pick 2 options from a set including hot choices (fruit, yogurt, 2 eggs, bacon, pastries, etc.). Breakfast in lieu of 500 points.

lcpteck May 1, 2018 11:06 am

Originally Posted by matravelguy (Post 29703355)
Did a staycation here over the weekend, this seems to have been changed. Benefit is now the menu item called "Continental breakfast," which lets you pick 2 options from a set including hot choices (fruit, yogurt, 2 eggs, bacon, pastries, etc.). Breakfast in lieu of 500 points.

Wiki updated.

Xeno May 8, 2018 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by soartoday (Post 28107054)
Breakfast at Westin Denver Downtown (last report in wiki was 2013 for weekend): full breakfast buffet + egg dish to order.

I am somewhat confused. I thought the downtown Westin did not have a lounge but the Sheraton does. Does this post mean that all one is given is the breakfast and nothing else during the day much less the weekend?

I am attending a conference and the Sheraton is closer to the convention center and has a lounge. I had to book this through the conference organizers but might be able to change.

Should I try to move from the Sheraton to the Westin or just keep what I have?

controller1 May 13, 2018 8:18 pm

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles

I've updated the wiki to show the latest for The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles. Full breakfast buffet is now provided as the Platinum breakfast amenity. This is served in the Lakeview Bistro restaurant on the lobby level.

markis10 May 14, 2018 1:52 am

Have updated the wiki to remove properties no longer in Australia under the brand, and also updated Macau with the Sheraton now allowing breakfast in Feast for plats.

buschoi May 16, 2018 10:54 am

Sheraton Garden Grove

Updated the wiki for Sheraton Garden Grove. Stayed there last night. 6th and 7th floors where the club floors and club lounge are located are under renovation and closed.
A temporary make-shift club is setup at the back of the restaurant next to the lobby. Breakfast is between 6:30am and 10am (was told it used to be until 9:30am at the club lounge.) Oatmeal, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon.
I happen to be here on Wednesday. No cheese or smoked salmon as per previous report.
Got 500 Starpoints or drink coupons in additions to the breakfast.

golfhan1 May 17, 2018 1:42 am

For Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok, you get both 500 points AND breakfast downstair at Feast. I confirm downstair has much greater choice and spreads but it is indeed very noisy full of people.

golfhan1 May 17, 2018 1:45 am

Originally Posted by paolo64 (Post 29475358)
Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
Choice is now lounge or downstairs restaurant ( so back to the original choice, excluding Giorgio's, from a few years back).
This is a big improvement if it's permanent as the buffet spread downstairs is comprehensive. I forgot to ask if the downstairs option is instead of 500 points. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

It does indeed offer much greater choices and options and yes you get BOTH 500 points AND breakfast downstair at Feast.

makemoretospendmore May 22, 2018 9:27 pm

W Midtown Altanta

Buffet breakfast for 2 including omelette station, hot food, cereal/fruit bar, coffee, tea, juice, etc. Really nice spread in 2nd floor restaurant.

buschoi May 23, 2018 1:46 am

Updated the wiki for Sheraton Grand Sacramento. 500 points plus continental breakfast in the lounge. Hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruits, and breads only.
The lounge is very small. 8-9 tables only. Many people, including me, just take the food and beverages to their rooms.