Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Isn't well-known and proud Qantas much more likely to survive than a small and relatively unknown hotel chain such like SPG?

HA.. FUNNY

Starwood will exist long after the bankrupt and defunct Qantas group.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Keyser
you are kidding, right????

No kidding! Man, I am a burned kid with bmi lifetime. It's every single penny out of my own pocket. So, investing in SPG lifetime is LARGE money for me. Maybe it's peanuts for you - not for me.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Isn't well-known and proud Qantas much more likely to survive than a small and relatively unknown hotel chain such like SPG?
No kidding! Man, I am a burned kid with bmi lifetime. It's every single penny out of my own pocket. So, investing in SPG lifetime is LARGE money for me. Maybe it's peanuts for you - not for me.
i'm pretty sure it's not peanuts for most people but to call a hotel chain, with over 1000 hotels, a 'small & relatively unknown chain' is just ridiculous....for example, i'm pretty sure more people have heard of the sheraton brand than bmi....
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
HA.. FUNNY

Starwood will exist long after the bankrupt and defunct Qantas group.
I agree all airlines are on the verge of BK. It is just not a stable bussiness.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by Keyser
i'm pretty sure it's not peanuts for most people but to call a hotel chain, with over 1000 hotels, a 'small & relatively unknown chain' is just ridiculous....for example, i'm pretty sure more people have heard of the sheraton brand than bmi....
Or even Qantas: just a regional airline of a smaller (not land mass ) country.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by cxn
In the end, I would not spend real money just chasing LTP. Of course, if you are one or two nights away, I would of course get a couple of nights to push me over the top.

I need a bunch of nights and 1 yr left of plat for lifetime plat. So for next year, I am willing to get the nights to get plat, knowing then it's just a bunch of night over a few years..
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:00 am

Starwood Platinum for Life

Has anyone experienced frustration/confusion with Starwood over Platinum Platinum for Life?

I have 774 stays prior to this year plus an additional 101 so far this year and I have 12 years Elite - but I am only Gold for Life. I wrote Starwood adn received two conflicting responses from two different agents. One said I had qualified and would receive a packet. I have never received a packet so I wrote again. Upon writing again I was told I have one more year to go in order to qualify. (Uh, that's what you said last year!)

In my 12 years, soon to be 13 years, only one year was I gold and another I had 58 nights (when they stopped counting award nights toward status) but Starwood left me as Platinum the following year because I was close (which they are conveniently not counting as Platinum toward Platinum for Life even though they left me at Platinum because I was close)

This is incredibly frustrating. I have colleagues that all received Platinum for Life and even they are shocked that I haven't received it because we have all traveled together the past 12 years and have the same total nights, years of status etc.

At this point I have no faith Starwood will ever bestow Platinum for Life even though I have 'double qualified' for Platinum this year. What a way to reward loyalty.

At least I am Platinum for Life with Marriott but I truly prefer Starwood and I am disappointed my fierce loyalty to Starwood is falling on deaf ears.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:43 am

so you already qualified for platinum for next year. i am wondering what difference would it make to achieve life time platinum in 2012 rather than 2013?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Were your 12 years of SPG elite status at the Platinum level?

For lifetime platinum you need 10 years of PLATINUM status.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
10 years of earned platinum status - it's possible that comped status does not count.

I'm curious about the "58 nights" and "stopped counting award nights toward status".

Honestly it just sounds like some confusion that will likely be cleared up. It's honestly a bit difficult to tell your situation from what you've posted:

how many times have you qualified for Platinum? It sounds like 10, so you may need to just follow up with the right contact.

Maybe put your ambassador to the test and have him or her track this issue down?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: Starwood
platinum for life

The platinum concierges have always follow up until the matter is rectified. Try one more time.

I love being platinum.

Last edited by Awrobin; Nov 12, 2012 at 4:36 pm
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
And when I come out with my Transporter they will all be out of business

Scotty and I discussed this idea together. And yes, I have an actual picture of us together... That was a nice conference

Originally Posted by troyintn
I agree all airlines are on the verge of BK. It is just not a stable bussiness.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mattsteg
I'm curious about the "58 nights" and "stopped counting award nights toward status".
same here....did spg count award nights towards status in the past????
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
do promotion status nights count?

do promotion status nights count? e.g. I remember one year there was a promotion where aloft/four points/element stays count as twice the elite night. I wonder if I earned elite status that way, it will count towards one year of elite night.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by 3piggy
do promotion status nights count? e.g. I remember one year there was a promotion where aloft/four points/element stays count as twice the elite night. I wonder if I earned elite status that way, it will count towards one year of elite night.
May or may not -- talked lots about this in the beginning of this thread. Only way to find out -- call Concierge and ask how many Plat years are in your record year by year. She'll tell you 2001 - Plat, 2002 - Gold, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.