Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Discussion: 10 Suite Nights (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year (MERGED)

if the system sweeps at 2pm hotel time everyday, could this be open to manipulation where the hotel blocks off suite inventory before the sweep and reopens them after them sweep? just my thoughts..
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by Keyser
my first attempt at using suite nights....my reservation is in another 4 days & yesterday i received the 'we're working on your suite night award request' email....the suite type i picked is still available for sale on spg.com but i have not received a confirmation....
Contact them...seems like you should have gotten the upgrade.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by rooivalk
if the system sweeps at 2pm hotel time everyday, could this be open to manipulation where the hotel blocks off suite inventory before the sweep and reopens them after them sweep? just my thoughts..
Huh? If properties are doing that, how do you explain all the SNAs I've had confirmed? And thousands more for other customers?

Cheers,
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by Flews
Huh? If properties are doing that, how do you explain all the SNAs I've had confirmed? And thousands more for other customers?

Cheers,
Because the problems seem to crop up repeatedly at specific properties. Perhaps your successes have not been at said properties.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
my first attempt at using suite nights....my reservation is in another 4 days & yesterday i received the 'we're working on your suite night award request' email....the suite type i picked is still available for sale on spg.com but i have not received a confirmation....
Originally Posted by dingo
Contact them...seems like you should have gotten the upgrade.
i did....wrote to my ambassador this morning & by this afternoon i got the upgrade confirmation....
Old Jun 9, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
SNA "success"

I too got the dreaded "we're working on it" message when the suite was still for sale. I contacted our Lurkers and was told that there appeared to be a technical problem that was unlikely to be resolved but that they could get the suite for me after the 5th attempt and manually subtract the SNAs from my account. Many thanks to William and Chris for getting this done so that on one of the rare occasions when I am not travelling alone, the other member of the household enjoyed a weekend in a good sized suite.

I do not understand exactly why the SNAs could not go through and I imagine that had I not sought help I would have been at the mercy of the front desk, so I put the success in quotation marks, as a true success would have been the use of SNAs without intervention. But my weekend was vastly improved and for that I am happy and thankful.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: Starwood P100, Alaska G75, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, ANA
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
Because the problems seem to crop up repeatedly at specific properties. Perhaps your successes have not been at said properties.
Seems that this issue is more at franchise properties in my experience vs corporate properties. Same happens with automatic upgrades. Again I believe this is the single biggest improvement SPG could make to their program. Consistency is important for frequent travelers!
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Shosan521
Seems that this issue is more at franchise properties in my experience vs corporate properties.

Off-topic, what is a franchise property and what is a corporate property? Hasn't *Wood divested itself of all it's hotels? I thought all SPG hotels were/are "franchises".
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Off-topic, what is a franchise property and what is a corporate property? Hasn't *Wood divested itself of all it's hotels? I thought all SPG hotels were/are "franchises".
Franchise is different from managing the hotels. Under a franchise, the hotels manage the property on their own, rather than Starwood managing it.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
There is a list available here: http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoe...=irol-property
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by ckendall
Neat, thanks!

A pretty sad little list if we're going to have to use this to have the best chances at getting the privileges we're meant to have...
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
another success 5 days out....my stay is on the 17th & i got the confirmation earlier today....

so far so good....
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
So which properties are these?

Cheers,
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:38 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
I'm pleased for those who have had successes. To date, I have had a single 1 night stay on SNAs since June last year, with others declining. Last week, I stayed at Westin Melbourne. Received the "working on it' email 5 days prior. for the next 3 days, the upgraded room type (not a suite) showed available. With only 2 days to go, still no confirmation, but the room type then became sold out. What's the point of the 5 days out story if they don't confirm at that point?

I currently have 37 nights of bookings in place for 2013. I have booked suites for 16 of those nights. Most of the remainder have SNAs applied, even at hotels where I have received a suite for 50 stays in a row. If another SNA declines, at least some of them will just be lost.

Please, please, Starwood, since those who receive SNAs are already privileged to be upgraded at check-in, anyway - seemingly the same risk as SNAs, why wouldn't it be possible to offer, at least some, guaranteed upgrades instead?

I will continue to repeat this until the matter receives reasonable consideration. The current system lessens my SPG experience and sours the upgrade process. If it can't be made more user friendly, how about the choice of a different optional benefit? How about 4-5 certificates for 25-35% discount off redemptions? At least I could be certain of being able to use these.

How can something be considered a benefit or privilege (like SNAs and Your24) if may or may not be provided? I'd rather something concrete and I'll be happy to take my chances for upgrades like I always have and early check-in, too.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott PLT
I have had 0 success with the SNA so far this year. I just received notice 5 days out that they are trying to secure a suite..but no success yet. However I can go online and book a suite--I called the Platinum concierge and was told they they have no idea why it isn't booking the suite, but that there is nothing they can do. It was for The Nines in Portland Oregon. Is this a common occurrence?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.