Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Platinum upgrade Successes 2012

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur

Booked a Deluxe Room

Upgraded to Deluxe Suite on high floor. Large room, and overall just a fantastic hotel!

The lounge here also serves a great breakfast and plenty of options throughout the day.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Platinum
Westing Galleria Dallas

I booked a standard room and was upgraded to a really awesome corner suite. I had a walk-in shower and a living room and even a guest bathroom. Just really swanky overall. Plus, the hotel is connected to a mall with lots of good shopping and good restaurants nearby, would like to stay there again.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by ginkoka
Booked standard rooms at corp rates and got upgraded to marvellous suite and junior suite respectively
Which should I look in to for a late-August stay?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Le Meridien, Bangkok

Le Meridien Bangkok - booked cheapest standard room, upgraded to a Avantec suite 1 day before arrival. Nice hotel!
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Westin Memphis -- Standard Rate -- Upgraded to a Suite
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
upgraded from a cheap corporate rate to my usual one bedroom suite at the le méridien ahmedabad....i have stayed here over 20 times in the last 2-3 years & have been upgraded to the same suite every time except for once when the hotel was full....
Old Feb 5, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Westin KL
Booked a deluxe room and "nearly" got a deluxe room. Suspected something amiss when FDA handed me a Gold welcome choice card. After I highlighted to him that I was plat, he checked the system, apologised and offered a suite after that and a plat welcome choice card.

Thanks Sheraton KL and Westin KL for making my first stay at the respective hotels as plat a suite success.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 7:21 pm

Thumbs up Le Meridien Bangkok

Booked cheapest room. Upgraded to avantec suite on very high floor. Great hotel great breakfast.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Sheraton New Orleans & W Union Square

Sheraton New Orleans - 2 night stay for standard room at convention rate, got nice Executive Suite (large corner room)

W Union Square - 1 night stay for Wonderful at AAA rate, got 1 Bedroom Suite (worked very well because with spouse and able to hold 4 hours meeting in living room portion)
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:31 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Westin DFW Airport

Upgrade to Standard Suite on Weekend stay
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:34 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Sheraton Stonebriar, Frisco, TX

New Hotel with very nice staff - I recommend it.

Upgrade from club room to Executive suite on a weekend stay. This hotel seems to be very quiet on Weekends and probably quite fully booked during the week.

As the club lounge doesn't offer breakfast, you get 2 breakfast vouchers to be redeemed in the restaurant for full breakfast.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
W Taipei. Booked on C+P, upgraded to a suite (not sure what type, but it was huge). This hotel turned around my opinion of W's - classy, modern luxury without flash, and courteous, friendly service without any of the USA W's "if you don't look good enough to sleep with, I ain't helping you" attitude.

Le Meridien Taipei. Booked on my corp rate, upgraded to Jr Suite with 101 view...but the lounge seemed lacking (I only saw juice and cookies on my visits).
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Sheraton Boston - booked Traditional room; upgraded to nice Club Floor suite. Nice breakfast in the lounge and soup, apps, drinks, and dessert in the restaurant.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, SPG PLT
Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort: Supposedly upgraded, not a suite. Best I can tell from their hotel website they have about 9 categories/leves of room, and I think I ended up in the middle teir.

Le Meridien Khao Lak: Upgraded to villa. Outstanding room

Grand Orchid Bangkok: Upgraded to suite, lounge access.

W San Diego: Supposedly upgraded to a nicer room, it was a corner room, but not a suite of any soit and no lounge, no free drinks, no breakfast.

Obviously I'm a bit weak on my what constitutes an upgrade knowledge. All of the hotels were quite nice, regardless.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

From cheapest room to executive suite. Nice hotel overall .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.