Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG 'Better by the Night' Promotion - pre-launch discussion and speculation thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG 'Better by the Night' Promotion - pre-launch discussion and speculation thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Forgive me if this was answered somewhere in the 10 other pages, but how does this promo stack with SPG gold benefits?

I.e I have a 3 week stay coming up. If i get 3 points for every $1 as Gold, do I then get 3X that (i.e would I get 9 points for every $1 or does the 3X for this promo not stack on top of the gold benefit)

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:54 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Forgive me if this was answered somewhere in the 10 other pages, but how does this promo stack with SPG gold benefits?

I.e I have a 3 week stay coming up. If i get 3 points for every $1 as Gold, do I then get 3X that (i.e would I get 9 points for every $1 or does the 3X for this promo not stack on top of the gold benefit)

Thanks in advance
Typically only the base points would be doubled/tripled. You would get 3X the 2 base points per dollar and then get the extra for being Gold. So you would get 7 points per dollar.

We don't know the final T&Cs of this promo, but I can't imagine that this promo would be different than the ones in the past from this aspect.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by jmanirish

Although the promo FAQ has been pulled off the SPG website temporarily, post #56 has a copy that answers this and other questions:

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...romoID=B1N_FAQ

How many Starpoints do I earn with double Starpoints?
A member will earn four total Starpoints per eligible US$1 spent. An elite member will continue to earn a 50% Starpoints bonus on his or her base earnings; this equals five Starpoints per US$1 spent.

How many Starpoints do I earn with triple Starpoints?
A member will earn six total Starpoints per eligible US$1 spent. An elite member will continue to earn a 50% Starpoints bonus on his or her base earnings; this equals seven Starpoints per US$1 spent.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Typically only the base points would be doubled/tripled. You would get 3X the 2 base points per dollar and then get the extra for being Gold. So you would get 7 points per dollar.

We don't know the final T&Cs of this promo, but I can't imagine that this promo would be different than the ones in the past from this aspect.
Right... I'm also SPG Gold and doing the math. If I pay with an SPG Amex do I then still get an additional 2 points for a total of 9 points per dollar? If so, that's pretty fantastic.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by AirD0c
If I pay with an SPG Amex do I then still get an additional 2 points for a total of 9 points per dollar?
Yes.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Keyser
i'm definitely disappointed but at the end of the day i'll continue to stay at properties that treat me well & that are convenient to me in terms of location & price....promos are great but for me they have never been nor will ever be the deciding factor on where i stay....
+1

However, we could be banned from FT for spouting such nonsense.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by controller1
+1

However, we could be banned from FT for spouting such nonsense.
so true....
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:41 am

Anyone have a link to register that WORKS? I have tried every link on pages 1-5 of this this thread and none of them take you to a registration page. Most of them take you to the SPG home page, but I can't find the link there either...

Never mind... apparently you can't sign up until the day it starts? ??

(BIZARRE LOL!)
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Typical that Sheraton Bellevue and Westin Bellevue are not participating. Do they ever participate in anything?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:27 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by cmk1493
Typical that Sheraton Bellevue and Westin Bellevue are not participating. Do they ever participate in anything?
I think Sheraton Bellevue was participating in whatever the promo was in June 2011. I think that was the FRN promo.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by uxb
I think Sheraton Bellevue was participating in whatever the promo was in June 2011. I think that was the FRN promo.
Good to know. Let me round up 1.2 gigawatts of power, fire up the DeLorean and head on back to get some free nights.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Good to know. Let me round up 1.2 gigawatts of power, fire up the DeLorean and head on back to get some free nights.
i'd be happy to tag along if you have space....
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:18 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Well, you did ask if they participated in ANYTHING. Oh, and Welcome to FlyerTalk, cmk1493.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
So whats the deal? When can we sign up. Jan 9th is fast approaching and I have lots of trip points to earn!

Right now i am hotel hopping to re-qualify for Plat ASAP since travel might slow down in March, but i would rather the points than plat status!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
So whats the deal? When can we sign up. Jan 9th is fast approaching and I have lots of trip points to earn!
Is the title of the thread not a big enough clue?

Registration opens up on the 9th. Confirmation in this post from Starwood Lurker as well: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17700253-post102.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.