Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:27 am

I have some feedback for this resort and I never got an email asking for my feedback. I want to email directly to Hotel Manager and want to make sure it reaches him.

Does anyone know email address for this property where it will be read by manager and would not get lost in transit? I have the reservation and butler emails but I don't think those will serve the purpose.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:38 pm
Suspended

GM: [email protected]
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Turn about is fair game, right? Can Stew post your email address to the internet so the Google bots can find it?

Why not send it via PM and save the guy some spam?
Old May 6, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
I stay at the St Regis Saadiyat very often. It is a very beautiful property, the rooms are comfortable (except for the noisy AC in some of them), and the setting by the beach is great.

It is a pity that with such great 'hardware', the service level and general attitude is not on par. The service glitches are too frequent (I experience a small issue about once every 3-4 stays); they are usually not big fails, but annoying enough to affect the overall perception of this hotel.

Typical 'glitches' include things like having to call the butler service twice to get someone at the door about 20-25 minutes later, house keeping forgetting plates with fruit peels, private dining denying by default non-standard requests (like salmon instead of tuna) and only accepting after a negotiation, or front-desk condescendingly giving 3pm late checkout when the request was for 4pm, only to change to 4pm after getting upset with the attitude.

Glitches can happen everywhere, even at the best hotels, but I would say this hotel has not found yet the right customer-friendly attitude. Requests for late checkouts can be denied, butlers might be busy at a certain period of time, the chef might not have salmon that day, all of that can happen, but the attitude is key when handling a customer, and at the Saadiyat, the attitude comes across too often as condescending with some staff not willing to go the extra mile: if it is not 'standard by the book', allow me to deny your request by default.

To get what I want, I too often have to 'fight for it' and engage in some discussion. I end up getting it, most of it, be it salmon instead of tuna, the butler at my door or a late checkout, but really, negotiation with the staff should not be required, asking should be enough to at least get them to try. Too often (say in 1 out of 4 interactions), it is not the case.

Overall, let me say again, this is a great property, and it has good enough service for most travelers, but if you are the demanding type (or actually, the frequent traveler that wants things running smoothly), be ready to engage in some discussions to get the service you need, or expect from a luxury hotel.

Last edited by josep; May 6, 2015 at 2:34 pm
Old May 8, 2015, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by josep
Glitches can happen everywhere, even at the best hotels, but I would say this hotel has not found yet the right customer-friendly attitude.
Agree 100%
"HOW" you say it to the guest is often just as important (if not more) than "WHAT" you say to the guest.
Old May 8, 2016, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Stayed here last weekend in advance of my wife's birthday.

My initial impression wasn't good as the check in resembled a Hawaiian resort omnishambles however this was quickly resolved and from then on all went smoothly. We had our SNA for Ocean Suite clear 5 days before our arrival, the room was great, I offered to pay for a late checkout at 11pm but was given this complimentary. The adult pool area is great, quiet, shaded and with many inbuilt cabana style spaces linked to lounging areas.

The in hotel bars and restaurants were also pretty good although I wasn't entirely happy that there were no discreet pork products available at breakfast as there are elsewhere in high end UAE hotels. I could not recommend this property highly enough and with the SNA on top of my great value Corp Rate it was unbeatable.

I paid almost as much for the first night (actually more after the club upgrade fee) at the somewhat skanky IC in a smaller suite and a considerably more unpleasant ambience and I would normally pick an IC as my first choice as a RA.

I suspect that I wouldn't be so happy had I received a regular room but the suite was fab and we will definitely be back.
Old May 8, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Pa Kettle
Turn about is fair game, right? Can Stew post your email address to the internet so the Google bots can find it?

No harm
The email address doesn't work

Anyone has a working one?
Old May 8, 2016, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Pa Kettle

GMs are the public face of Starwood hotels; and their email addresses are readily available in a variety of places. This is different from other, line employees.
Old May 8, 2016, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
No harm
The email address doesn't work

Anyone has a working one?
Weird - just emailed him yesterday, worked for me..

And yeah, GM emails are readily availability in many places. Don't think he'll be receiving any BOT spam anytime soon!!
Old May 16, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Weird - just emailed him yesterday, worked for me..

And yeah, GM emails are readily availability in many places. Don't think he'll be receiving any BOT spam anytime soon!!
Really?! Just got an e-mail from the assistent of the GM saying the GM retired. I just wanted to email to secure a nice upgrade.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:02 am
LSL

Programs: SPG Plat
The butler service here doesn't include free coffee or tea. I thought it was always included with butlers at all STR's?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by LSL
The butler service here doesn't include free coffee or tea. I thought it was always included with butlers at all STR's?
That's strange as it was always included at the StR Saadiyat and is as you say standard in all StR properties. Maybe it was a misunderstanding?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:10 am
LSL

Originally Posted by JohnRain
That's strange as it was always included at the StR Saadiyat and is as you say standard in all StR properties. Maybe it was a misunderstanding?
I called and asked for coffee this morning and they said I could order from private dining and there is also free coffee in the room. When asked if it was included with butler service, she put me on all hold for a couple minutes and then said no.

They even have the normal beverage service description on their website:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregi...fId=1017422197
Old May 19, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by LSL
I called and asked for coffee this morning and they said I could order from private dining and there is also free coffee in the room. When asked if it was included with butler service, she put me on all hold for a couple minutes and then said no.

They even have the normal beverage service description on their website:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregi...fId=1017422197
I'd ask again and insist that it's included (as per the website and as per general StR policy). Maybe escalate the issue as well.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:28 am
LSL

Originally Posted by JohnRain
I'd ask again and insist that it's included (as per the website and as per general StR policy). Maybe escalate the issue as well.
Is there even a general StR policy that I could refer too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.