Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by LSL
Is there even a general StR policy that I could refer too?
Well, it was always included in all StR properties I've visited (including Saadiyat & StR Dubai where I was just last week), so I'm pretty sure it's general policy.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:38 am
LSL

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Well, it was always included in all StR properties I've visited (including Saadiyat & StR Dubai where I was just last week), so I'm pretty sure it's general policy.
Yes that has been my experience with other properties as well.

I just called again to ask for an explanation and she again told me it was available for purchase from private dining and they include it for free in the room. I mentioned that it says beverage service is included on the website and she remained firm.

She then asked when I checked in, which was yesterday, and said that because I didn't receive a welcome drink she will send free coffee as a courtesy.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by LSL
Yes that has been my experience with other properties as well.

I just called again to ask for an explanation and she again told me it was available for purchase from private dining and they include it for free in the room. I mentioned that it says beverage service is included on the website and she remained firm.

She then asked when I checked in, which was yesterday, and said that because I didn't receive a welcome drink she will send free coffee as a courtesy.
I wouldn't leave it at that. Escalate the issue, it's a matter of principle.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:49 am
LSL

I wouldn't leave it at that. Escalate the issue, it's a matter of principle.
I don't really feel like arguing with them anymore as I'm only here for a couple nights.

I kind of was expecting this based on some of the reviews on Tripadvisor and SPG. Lots of people saying the butler service was terrible and not one mention of coffee/tea.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by LSL
I don't really feel like arguing with them anymore as I'm only here for a couple nights.

I kind of was expecting this based on some of the reviews on Tripadvisor and SPG. Lots of people saying the butler service was terrible and not one mention of coffee/tea.
It's your decision of course, but just to give you some more background I've been at this property six times and I always got butler coffee/tea service (and most butlers were kind and relatively efficient).
Old May 19, 2017, 12:58 am
LSL

It's your decision of course, but just to give you some more background I've been at this property six times and I always got butler coffee/tea service (and most butlers were kind and relatively efficient).

Thats odd then. When were you here last?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by LSL
Thats odd then. When were you here last?
In 2016.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:14 am
LSL

In 2016.
The last mention of butler beverage service that I could find appears to be in Nov 2016. There are lots of mentions of the packing and 2 piece pressing service since then though, so they must have removed it.

Hopefully a Lurker can chime in if this goes against some kind of StR policy.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:44 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Either one complains and escalates this while on premises to a manager, or perhaps Director of Rooms or Food/Beverage...or one should stop complaining here.

The StR should provide butler service which includes free coffee/tea service once a day at any time of day requested, as well as packing/u packing services, and free pressing/shoe shine service. If it does not, someone would get my foot in their behind...and fast. Letting it go only enables the problem for others...and is a passive aggressive approach that helps no one, including our guest in question.

Complain. Escalate. Demand what is deserved. And then ask for a comp'd room service or restaurant lunch or dinner for the trouble you've been caused. If you don't complain and ask, you won't get what you deserve, and the hotel will never learn its lesson. That also would make you part of the problem IMO.

Last edited by bhrubin; May 19, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Old May 19, 2017, 4:07 pm

A St. Regis Butler service without complimentary beverage service???

What next, are they going to start charging for packing and unpacking services too now? Also for curtain-drawing services??

to St. Regis Saadiyat and to the Starwood Corporate for letting individual properties get away with this. Now its guests will have to start querying in advance of booking stays in a St. Regis to find out what is/is not included on a complimentary basis with butler service??
Old May 19, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by LSL
The last mention of butler beverage service that I could find appears to be in Nov 2016. There are lots of mentions of the packing and 2 piece pressing service since then though, so they must have removed it.

Hopefully a Lurker can chime in if this goes against some kind of StR policy.
I was at this property earlier this year in late Jan/early Feb and received the butler beverage service then.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:48 pm

Not all hot beverages are free at StR, maybe order was on this kind of hot beverage ?
I will be next week at this StR, we will see.
Old May 20, 2017, 1:05 am
LSL

Originally Posted by HHQX888
Not all hot beverages are free at StR, maybe order was on this kind of hot beverage ?
I will be next week at this StR, we will see.
No, I don't think so. I only asked for black coffee.
Old May 20, 2017, 2:06 am
LSL

Just received a phone call from a manager who must have seen this thread or received a call from a lurker or something.

She explained to me that they offer beverage service once upon check-in for a welcome drink and then with your morning wake up call... if you have one. Not exactly what I was told yesterday. Apparently this is the standard policy for all StR's worldwide, but that has not been my experience at other properties.

She also said that some speciality suites include 24 hour beverage service, but not the ocean suite (SNA) I am in.

For my inconvenience she will let me use the beverage service whenever I want for the rest of my stay.

Last edited by LSL; May 20, 2017 at 2:15 am
Old May 20, 2017, 6:44 am

It looks like problem with translation 'check out 4pm' where is guaranteed and where is not guaranteed ?

How long she is working at StR .... strange, all StR in which we stay give us standard beverage service free of charge. 3 years ago I was there and they beverage service was like in another StR's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.