Search

Feedback Survey

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Silver
Feedback Survey

Dear Starwood,

thank you for emailing me a link to a customer satisfaction survey after my recent stay, and then sending me another email when I failed to action the first.

You say that my feedback is valuable to you. Indeed. I note, however, that it's not so valuable that you actually offer me anything in exchange for this survey. No remote possibility of winning a prize draw for a weekend in an off-season hotel; no "free Kitkat from the minibar on your next stay" voucher; not even a handful of SPG points - and you're happy to give anyone with a Foursquare account a bunch of those.

I am forced to conclude that either my feedback isn't very valuable to you after all, or that it is, but you're too cheap to give me anything for it. In neither scenario am I motivated to fill out the survey.

Best wishes

Ragged
Old Sep 3, 2011, 9:58 pm

I would like some compensation before I reply to this ridiculous, crybaby, entitled post. Your feedback is used to improve the hotel the survey is coming from and that should be enough for you. Unbelievable...
Old Sep 4, 2011, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by jholl13
I would like some compensation before I reply to this ridiculous, crybaby, entitled post. Your feedback is used to improve the hotel the survey is coming from and that should be enough for you. Unbelievable...
Plus reply.

Gee whiz, don't reply if you can't see that giving feedback is useful. Or better yet, opt out.

Now, where are my pain in the a88 guest points?
Old Sep 4, 2011, 9:02 am

Sigh

Originally Posted by jholl13
^

Cheers,
Old Sep 5, 2011, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Silver
I see.

So it's perfectly OK for Starwood to gouge me for every penny they think they can get - excessive breakfast costs, crappy slow wifi, upgrades to a 'lounge' which locks away the supposedly free booze at 10pm, despite what the guy on reception told me etc. They charge me for anything and everything they think they can get away with.

And yet when I have something they want, I'm meant to give it away for free?

Well, I guess we're just going to have to disagree.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The fact that a vendor asks for feedback on how they're doing is a prize in itself, and Starwood does seem to listen and act on it, so it's a joy for me to voluntarily answer these for them, even if I'm not compelled to.

I am sure that Starwood is satisfied with the response rate, which would imply the market rate for filling out post-sale surveys to be exactly zero.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if paying people would induce some who would not have filled in the survey to give junk responses just to get the payment/prize/whatever, debasing the value of the survey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.