Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
The Elite Thank You program ended on December 31, 2017. You have until June 30, 2018, to award your Thank You certificates to SPG associates.

A great way to say thanks -

You expect and deserve outstanding service from SPG®. So when an associate goes above and beyond to make your stay, it’s nice to have a special way to express your thanks.

That’s what Elite Thank You certificates are all about. Print yours now to make the day of every deserving SPG associate who receives one.

Remember: All SPG associates and customer care agents are eligible to receive Elite Thank You certificates. Enjoy giving them — and we’ll keep looking for ways to earn them.

From T&C :"however, the certificates cannot be used as a form of bribery or fraud, nor may the certificates be sold in any manner"

Weblink : http://www.spg.com/elitethankyou

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is an Elite Thank You?
It's a certificate that an elite member can use to recognize a Starwood associate who provided outstanding service, whether in person or over the phone.

How do I get Elite Thank You certificates?
Please visit spg.com/elitethankyou to download and print your certificates.

Who is eligible to receive an Elite Thank You?
All Starwood associates in Customer Contact Centers or hotels that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program are eligible, including but not limited to associates at the front desk, reservations line, concierge desk, bellhop service, restaurants, housekeeping, fitness centers, business centers and so forth. To give a certificate over the phone, just tell the associate you'd like to give him or her an Elite Thank You, then provide the unique code on the certificate.

Can I use an Elite Thank You certificate more than once?
No. Each Elite Thank You certificate has a unique code that can be used only once, so it can be given to only one person.

Can I give multiple Elite Thank You certificates to a single person?
Yes.

Can I get more Thank You certificates?
Members are eligible to request certificates when they renew or upgrade their elite status. No additional certificates can be requested.

How long are the Elite Thank You certificates valid?
Please see your certificates for the expiration date.
Print Wikipost

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I got mine. Problem is, I keep forgetting to bring them while travelling....
Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:22 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Just got mine with my new card. I'll be giving one to a Club Lounge attendant at the Sheraton on the Park, and the other three to Starwood Lurker II for all of the incredible assistance I've been afforded on countless requests relating to future stays.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Platinum Thank you Cards

Anybody used the Platinum Thank you cards? I would like to know how were the reactions of the employees, was it ok or were they confused?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: CO Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Anybody used the Platinum Thank you cards? I would like to know how were the reactions of the employees, was it ok or were they confused?

i ended up giving all 4 of mine to the same employee since i frequent that hotel - she runs the lounge and she's just great, probably one of the nicest hotel employees i've had the pleasure of meeting. i think she was pleasantly surprised - i asked her if she gets anything for it and i think she said she gets points and the recognition goes into her file. i wish they would give us a few more.....
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bkgourmet
i wish they would give us a few more.....
i agree....i want to send some over to my ambassador....she has been fantastic in the short time i have been interacting with her....
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I gave them to my Concierge. It's my understanding that when they go online and enter the number from the card they are awarded a random number of points within a range. BTW, you don't have to send them physically. Just e-mail the number to the recipient.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
what cards? i didn't get any... :-(
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
Same here and I've been a Plat for years.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
All 4 given to same front desk person for great service.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt
No Cards - No Membership Pkg

Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
Never got the cards, wanted them to give out for good service. The recipient gets points for them. The management at Westin I stay at doubles the points.

This year never received my membership card or package that I understand includes these. Gave up asking but would have at least liked to get these. Last time a called was about 2 months ago. Was told nicely they were running behind and to be patient.

Have platinum card on my Iphone.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by bkgourmet
i wish they would give us a few more.....
I was told by an employee at a hotel, that if you called SPG and ask, they will send you more. I have not tried it, so I dont know if it is correct.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I have given a out couple of cards and there was no confusion. They were genuinely appreciative for the points and the recognition.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, United 1K, Star Alliance Gold
never got them or my personalized platinum card...
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tncjoey
never got them or my personalized platinum card...
Now I understand why I don't know what these are. I never received my personalized card either.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by Plumber
I was told by an employee at a hotel, that if you called SPG and ask, they will send you more. I have not tried it, so I dont know if it is correct.
True and they will send you a few spares...rules say if lost but I just told them I have more people to thank than cards so they sent 2 more on a one-time deal in addition to my 1st 4 cards.

Gave out one per person and reactions have been very good....so it has real value internally and must really help in the employee review process. Could use more but what can you do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.