Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Great Promo = I was just staying for 3 weeks at the Westin Tokyo... got in total with the promo and extra points roughly 50.000 points... for this stay alone. Still have one more stay to until 15 december in Malaysia at the sheraton imperial KL - although of course rate is much lower, but i am staying about 1 week, not too shabby either.

Well I was already lucky at the beginning of the year with the 4 times points promotion when i was in Thailand and Bali... so this year Starwood really has been good to me and my account is nicely filled with points now....
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Is the new Element Times Square West in NYC participating in this promo?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:55 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by mnmag
Is the new Element Times Square West in NYC participating in this promo?
They are not on the participating properties list, so no.

http://www.starwoodpromos.com/everyn...props/en/us/ny

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
They are not on the participating properties list, so no.

http://www.starwoodpromos.com/everyn...props/en/us/ny

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if that property wasn't appearing because it only opened on 11/18.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Has there been any change to the following?

Do multiple rooms under one reservation count as additional nights?
Yes, for this promotion. Multiple rooms under one reservation (provided the member is staying is one of the rooms) will earn bonus Starpoints and will count toward the 10-night threshold needed to earn Triple Starpoints. For example, a member with three rooms for four nights would earn credit for 12 nights toward this promotion only.
I had two rooms for 4 nights booked under my name and paid for by myself last week. I've sent proof of the folio through and asked for double credit for this promotion for 8 nights, as this would trigger triple points. After a couple of emails back and forth I've been given 'you only earn one stay and night credit for one room' as a response. Before I raise it further, I just want to check that the above part is still correct and that 8 nights should be credited for the promotion. Have others had multiple rooms post successfully?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:21 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by RAPC
Has there been any change to the following?

I had two rooms for 4 nights booked under my name and paid for by myself last week. I've sent proof of the folio through and asked for double credit for this promotion for 8 nights, as this would trigger triple points. After a couple of emails back and forth I've been given 'you only earn one stay and night credit for one room' as a response. Before I raise it further, I just want to check that the above part is still correct and that 8 nights should be credited for the promotion. Have others had multiple rooms post successfully?
Yes. That was clarified before the promotion began...in this thread...but they were supposed to have removed it from the FAQ around the same time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14597746-post224.html

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 4, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Your registration may fail

After waiting for a month, I notice the 2x and 3x did not post in my account. The platinum CSO informed me that I had not registered for the promotion after I send in an email to inquire about it.

This is upsetting. I have missed about 4,000 points from Starwood system. I recall very well that I had registered for the promotion, but did not receive an email confirmation. Repeated registration came up with the message that I had registered for the promotion. I let the matter rest thinking that I had properly registered. But I have no way to prove registration was done without the confirmation email and now I am paying for missing the bonus points.

I recall another member had this issue before in another thread. Looks like Starwood system has some intermittent issues and if you are not diligent to ensure it is properly registered, you will miss the promotion.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:16 am

same here!

I also registered and didn't receive a confrmation email. I also got the you are already registered message when I tried to re-register. I have also been told by Customer Service that I have never registered for this promo!!
It is dissapointing and I will be sure to ring and check with customer service every time I register online for any promos!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Originally Posted by luvtotravel72
I also registered and didn't receive a confrmation email. I also got the you are already registered message when I tried to re-register. I have also been told by Customer Service that I have never registered for this promo!!
It is dissapointing and I will be sure to ring and check with customer service every time I register online for any promos!
Other members who have similar issue can please post to this thread so that SPG will recognize it is a genuine bug in their system.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Last night of the Promo?

So, I'm confused as to what the last night of this is...

The initial promo says "Offer is valid for stay dates between 09/08/2010 and 12/15/2010"

So would a stay tonight have a "stay date" of today (11th) or tomorrow (12st)? I would guess the former, which means that a 1 night stay on the 15th would be included in the promo.

However, the FAQ it has :
If I check in before September 8 or check out after December 15, do any of my nights earn a bonus?
For stays where one or more of the nights are outside the promotion period, members will earn bonus Starpoints for eligible spend across the entire stay, not just the nights during the earning period. However, only the nights that fall between September 8 and December 15, 2010, will count toward the 10-night accumulation needed to earn Triple Starpoints.
Which would imply that a stay on the 15th would not be included (as you'd be checking out after the 15th).

Anyone know how this has worked in the past?

I'm currently set to have what will be my 10th night on the 15th, thus the question...
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: SPG/HGP/IHG/MR/HH/DL/UA/
Originally Posted by docbert
So, I'm confused as to what the last night of this is...

The initial promo says "Offer is valid for stay dates between 09/08/2010 and 12/15/2010"

So would a stay tonight have a "stay date" of today (11th) or tomorrow (12st)? I would guess the former, which means that a 1 night stay on the 15th would be included in the promo.

However, the FAQ it has :

Which would imply that a stay on the 15th would not be included (as you'd be checking out after the 15th).

Anyone know how this has worked in the past?

I'm currently set to have what will be my 10th night on the 15th, thus the question...

night count for night you slept.
Checking-in on 15th of Dec and checking-out on 16th mean you slept night of 15th, got up on day of 16th.

as long as you check-in by 15th, you get promo bonus.

Last edited by CIPAS; Dec 13, 2010 at 5:23 pm
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
To be clear, if I stay at a property on December 15, and I check out on December 17, will this count? I have a business trip that day, and I only need one more night to put me above the threshold.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
To be clear, if I stay at a property on December 15, and I check out on December 17, will this count?
The quote from Post #460 pretty clearly says it will.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:47 pm

Programs: BW Diamond Elite, Starwood Preferred Guest "Gold Preferred",
Have you gotten your triple points from the last promo yet?

Hello All,

I completed my 10th night of the last quarter on December 3rd, 2010

I have seen the base points post, and the double points post but the triple has not posted yet for any of the stays.

Does anyone know the waiting period, or have you seen your triple points yet?

Best Wishes and Merry Christmas All,
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:58 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Mine appear to have posted last night. There was a flurry of activity in my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.