Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Sept to Dec - Double and Triple Points - nothing announced yet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Sept to Dec - Double and Triple Points - nothing announced yet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Very weak.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:23 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
a tempest in a teapot...
Old Aug 8, 2010, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by clublounger
Who cares if someone earns Plat by staying in a Four Points w/ double stays? That same customer isn't going to be changing their travel pattern in a big way, just because they are now Plat, so I don't expect to be vying w/ them for upgrades in Rome, Seoul or even San Francisco.

Aloha
well said....
Old Aug 8, 2010, 6:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
If this is the promo

then I need to find the big white telephone to call

RALPH
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KSA_USA
Thanks William for your response.

so since William is not confirming this promotion we need not to be so excited.

usually William let FT members know first about any upcoming news or promotions. i hope this has not been changed.
To confirm nothing is not the same as denying something.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
To confirm nothing is not the same as denying something.
Exactamundo! ^
Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by Braindrain
I think everyone has to remember that, until the promo is actually announced, it's still all rumour.
While yes it is not official yet and could possibly change this promo was sent to me and a bunch of other corp customers by someone who works for SPG.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 6:45 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by shinbal
If this is indeed the promo, I'm excited about it. The double stay promotions were great for bloating the Platinum ranks and that's about it. I'd like to see those ranks thinned out.
+1. *wood Plat should be worth more than MR PLat, Hyatt & Hilton Diamond. Don't make it too easy, especially with status match and double stays. Make people earn it like the rest of us.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SC Alum
+1. *wood Plat should be worth more than MR PLat, Hyatt & Hilton Diamond. Don't make it too easy, especially with status match and double stays. Make people earn it like the rest of us.
well said....
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
If this is the promo

then I need to find the big white telephone to call

RALPH
WOW, this is it? If that's the case, I am betting Hyatt will run their FFN in the same time frame, and make me stay there. Oh well, I might not re-qualify for Platinum with SPG next year.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I am sick of the free weekend night promotions. I don't necessarily take a vacation every year, and this promotion is forcing me to take trips I might not want to just to use the nights. I would much rather have extra points that I could use whenever I wanted to.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I am sick of the free weekend night promotions. I don't necessarily take a vacation every year, and this promotion is forcing me to take trips I might not want to just to use the nights. I would much rather have extra points that I could use whenever I wanted to.
but think of it this way.... you could have 12 1-night $150 stays and only earn an extra 7,200 points over what you would normally get. that will get you one night at a cat 3 (mostly 4 points, lesser sheratons and alofts domestically). at least your 12 stays under the free weekend nights would give you the same amount of base miles and an extra 4 weekend nights you could use at cat 6 properties (20,000 points per night). like i said, this promotion, if true, is one of the worst spg has come up with.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I'm in the same boat. In the past, I had to let some of them expire since I really had no use for them.

I just see it as part of the path to requalification....
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
+1 in a big way to this. At my stage in life, the free weekend nights are not doing anything for me. What I want is points for the exact same reason that you mention above.

I have to confess that I've drifted away from Starwood this month due to the lack of a promotion. It's something that I haven't done in years except in cities where no Starwood property is available. I'd been rethinking my secondary program. Hyatt isn't really an option due to the lack of properties (I need a secondary program that has options in smaller cities). So that leaves Marriott and Hilton. Previously, I had been Marriott Gold, but given the investment to get there, wasn't really feeling much benefit, so I've now given Hilton a try. No problem with a status match to Diamond.

I have to say, they do have some nice benefits, but in all, I feel that Hhonors properties don't compare very well to Starwood (at least in NYC where I'm on a long term project). However, it will be no problem for me to rack up triple points should this be the promo, and it will be enough to get me back staying with Starwood once it's up in running.

So Starwood - chalk up one 'yes' to winning business if you roll with this promo.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:00 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by saad
very true....for all you know your cousin's hairstylist's daughter's husband's closest friend's reliable source could be either william or thyetus....
Definitely not me. I am a rather reliable person with secrets so you can tell me something really shocking and I would not leak a word at all, including yours.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.