Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Sept to Dec - Double and Triple Points - nothing announced yet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Sept to Dec - Double and Triple Points - nothing announced yet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2010, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Lightbulb PROMO: Sept to Dec - Double and Triple Points - nothing announced yet

Little birdy dropped this off to me today.

You will need to register for the Promotion
Registration Dates: Sept. 8 – Oct. 31, 2010
Earning Dates: Sept. 8 – Dec. 15, 2010

Members will earn Double Starpoints when they stay 1-9 nights total at any participating property during the promotion period

Members will earn Triple Starpoints when they have 10+ nights total at any participating property during the promotion period

Members will earn Triple Starpoints retroactively on nights 1-9 once a member stays 10+ nights total during the promotion period

Nights do not need to be consecutive nor in the same hotel to qualify

Links and email will go out 9/8

Last edited by Flyinace2000; Aug 6, 2010 at 8:08 am
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Thanks, sounds like a decent promo. I know Hilton is offering double points at the moment.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by troyintn
Thanks, sounds like a decent promo.
You think so? I think if this is the next BIG SPG promotion, there are going to be an awful lot of very disappointed folks.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by sbtinme
You think so? I think if this is the next BIG SPG promotion, there are going to be an awful lot of very disappointed folks.
there will ALWAYS be a lot of disappointed folks with any promo...
and yes, i'm a little disappointed as i'm more stay-based this year...
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Same little bird just sent this out to everyone at my company and all of her corporate guests. Looks pretty official.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: HH diamond
works for me. I have several multi-day stays coming up. May have to add a night or 2 to hit 10 though.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by myperks
there will ALWAYS be a lot of disappointed folks with any promo...
and yes, i'm a little disappointed as i'm more stay-based this year...
I'm in the same boat. Sounds like this is the Q3 promo and it doesn't do much for me. I'm actually a little relieved as I have been really pushing myself to make the most out of the Hyatt/Starwood promos for months now and this will give me a chance to build up my other hotel loyalty program balances.

Doesn't work so well for me but good luck and enjoy the bonus points for those of you that it does work for.^
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:52 am
Original Poster

I will do 40 to 48 nights during that time. So that will be lots of extra bonus points :-D
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sbtinme
spg could offer the best promotion ever & some people will still be disappointed....

this promo works very well for me as i have a number of long stays in september & october....double & triple points are always welcome....
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Anyone know who bonus points are calculated.

For example. Say the rate for your room is $100.

That would be:

200pts (2pts/$)
100pts (Gold/Plat)

Then would it be 3x the rate for the bonus (300 pts) or 3x the 200pts for 600 bonus pts?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm a newbie to SPG and I never had the opportunity to participate in a 2x/3x/4x promos in the past. Can somebody do the math? If I spend $1 at an SPG property....you automatically get 2 starpoints. As an elite, you get another 50% on base = 1 starpoint. Hence $1 spent at SPG hotel = 3 points (as an elite).

How does the 2x/3x promos work (as an elite)?
If you spend $1 at SPG, then do you get 4 points (+2 points as an elite) for 2x?
Likewise, for 3x, if you spend $1 at SPG, then do you get 6 points (+3 points as an elite) for 3x?

On top of that, if you use SPG AMEX, then you would get an additional 2 points/$1, right?

Is this right?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ddsohn
I'm a newbie to SPG and I never had the opportunity to participate in a 2x/3x/4x promos in the past. Can somebody do the math? If I spend $1 at an SPG property....you automatically get 2 starpoints. As an elite, you get another 50% on base = 1 starpoint. Hence $1 spent at SPG hotel = 3 points (as an elite).

How does the 2x/3x promos work (as an elite)?
If you spend $1 at SPG, then do you get 4 points (+2 points as an elite) for 2x?
Likewise, for 3x, if you spend $1 at SPG, then do you get 6 points (+3 points as an elite) for 3x?

On top of that, if you use SPG AMEX, then you would get an additional 2 points/$1, right?

Is this right?

Thanks in advance!
your base points are doubled & tripled....so basically if you spend $1, then you will get a total of 9 points if they are tripled & you use your spg amex....

the $1 will get you:

2 base points which would become 6 when tripled....
1 point for your elite status which would make the total 7....
2 points for using your spg amex, which would make the grand total 9....

so if you have a $100 stay & take the 500 plat amenity points (250 at some chains) then you get upto 1,400 points per night....
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: CO Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
I'm in the same boat. Sounds like this is the Q3 promo and it doesn't do much for me. I'm actually a little relieved as I have been really pushing myself to make the most out of the Hyatt/Starwood promos for months now and this will give me a chance to build up my other hotel loyalty program balances.

Doesn't work so well for me but good luck and enjoy the bonus points for those of you that it does work for.^
"Earning Dates: Sept. 8 – Dec. 15, 2010" I don't know that I would call this a Q3 promo... Then you would have to also expect something additional in Q4?

In any case I'm perfectly happy with this promotion as I'm too lazy to do hotel hopping to get stay based promos. I have a little better than 60 nights planned during that time so this will work out nicely for me.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
OK, so let's add another wrinkle to this...

If I get F&B points from the Moana Surfrider, but not night credit, will those points be doubled or tripled--or only those points associated with a stay?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'm sure the answers for all these questions will come out with the T&C. Right now, even though it comes from a reliable source, it's still all speculation. Things can easily change on short notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.