FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   PROMO: "SPG Rewarding Returns" [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1103392-promo-spg-rewarding-returns-master-thread.html)

TravelGuy1965 Jul 10, 2010 11:53 am

I'm hoping for the 20k points for each 10 stays again. I have enough free nights that expire between the Hyatt & SPG promotions :)

kitsura Jul 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 14276192)
I only see 2 pages.

You need a new browser.

PanAmWT Jul 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by yeunganson (Post 14273197)
It is also quite fun to know Thyetus Lee's Chinese name 李俊营.:D

Lee = 李, 俊 = handsome, 营 = camp/battalion.

The job title of Thyetus also sound extrodinarily which gives a perception of importance I think
喜来登酒店及度假酒店國際集團網絡討論區協調員 which translates to

Sharaton Hotel and Resort Hotel International Group Network Discussion Area Cooperator

Cooperator should be Coordinator

PanAmWT Jul 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho (Post 14269950)
I'm thinking this promo (Rewarding Returns) might really be hot.

Seeing it as a possible answer to Hyatt's just-ended BWB, which in fact was quite awesome.

Then SPG Amex comes out with their best offer ever right before (I believe) the much anticipated Chase Hyatt co-branded shows up. Pre-emptive strike by AMEX and SPG?

If this winds up being a smokin' hot promo, let the war between SPG/AMEX and Hyatt/Chase rage on. Love to stay at either and will no doubt rack up the freebies.

Is there a SPG/AMEX promotion going now? Would appreciate info or details.

PanAmWT Jul 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by seanthepilot (Post 14275981)
At this point the thread is in poor taste, IMHO. And questionable in its motives, too. Either feed us the promo or wait to post until there is info.

Congrates to Starwood! A great way to keep us hooked and not jump to Hilton or Hyatt offers this month, while not promising anything.:td:

Sam P. Goodman Jul 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by kitsura (Post 14276584)
You need a new browser.

You can set the number of posts per page in your FT preferences. I suspect he, like me, has more posts per page than others, resulting in fewer pages.

And with this post, I'm now on to page 3... ;)

controller1 Jul 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 14276192)
I only see 2 pages.

Originally Posted by kitsura (Post 14276584)
You need a new browser.

The number of pages is determined by your setting as to number of posts per page.

Braindrain Jul 10, 2010 1:15 pm

I just hope it's going to be applicable to stays already booked....

MJLouise Jul 10, 2010 1:29 pm

As my 5 yr olds would say.... Teaser Weezer :lol:

KingBraden Jul 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain (Post 14276749)
I just hope it's going to be applicable to stays already booked....

How could it not be if it counts stays from the beginning of july?

yosithezet Jul 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman (Post 14276698)
You can set the number of posts per page in your FT preferences. I suspect he, like me, has more posts per page than others, resulting in fewer pages.

And with this post, I'm now on to page 3... ;)

We seem to have precisely the same settings. ;)

seanthepilot Jul 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by PanAmWT (Post 14276696)
Congrates to Starwood! A great way to keep us hooked and not jump to Hilton or Hyatt offers this month, while not promising anything.:td:

Just the opposite for me. SPG is an awesome program, but these games leave a bad taste in my mouth. In most cities, I can find a good room for 1/2 the price of Starwood's (1/3 of the price where I stay). They are more likely to lose my business with this approach. Ahem, we deserve more than high school games.

SC Alum Jul 11, 2010 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II (Post 14263320)
Over the next few days, SPG will be launching a new promotional offer series called "SPG Rewarding Returns".

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd

Lurker II, any chance you could advice us when it will be launched? It's been 3 days now, and over 8000 views to your thread, even though there is no new develpment. Perhaps you could tell us exactly what was meant by 'next few days', and spare us the anguish of having to keep checking. Thanks in advance. ^

r415 Jul 11, 2010 3:27 am

Geez, calm down people. The Lurkers did us a favor by letting us know about a promo before it was officially announced, and now we just bug them because it's not up yet?

If this is the thanks they get for giving us a heads-up, next time they might decide to just avoid the hassle and not announce the promo until it actually happens. I, for one, appreciate the heads-up.

UKTraveller4Fun Jul 11, 2010 3:47 am

Originally Posted by r415 (Post 14279078)
Geez, calm down people. The Lurkers did us a favor by letting us know about a promo before it was officially announced, and now we just bug them because it's not up yet?

If this is the thanks they get for giving us a heads-up, next time they might decide to just avoid the hassle and not announce the promo until it actually happens. I, for one, appreciate the heads-up.

Couldnt agree more!

If you are thinking about booking a lot of stays for the coming months over the next few days you might just hold off now and wait to see if Starwood tempt you! If the Lurkers say nothing and you make your bookings elsewhere all people would do is complain that they were not told about a promo soon enough!

The Lurkers must feel sometimes their damned if they do and damned if they don't!