Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Upgrade Successes 2009

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Moana Surfrider. |I booke a standard and got one of the large suites with two balconies at the ocean end of the Tower. Very impressive.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
one night each at the princess kaiulani and at the sheraton waikiki, booked the cheapest available ($98 aaa rate at the pk, $170 at the sheraton) and got the top floor 'palm' suite at the princess and a large full suite w/two lanais at the sheraton. ^
Old Feb 2, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
W Scottsdale recent stay

We reserved a room Sat night 01/31 at W Scottsdale. Was upgraded to a "suite". After reading the descriptions online, I think it was a Studio Suite. Room 358.

Nothing too spectacular, but still always happy to get upgraded.

Asked front desk receptionist, Bliss receptionist, and Bliss technician regarding foreclosure status; all said nothing to worry about & that the hotel will stay in the place, it will be a new investor/owner for the land. (still W/Starwood).
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Le Meredien SF

Upgraded to a reallllly nice suite with a large seperate living room,very large b'room with a picture window,and a nice balcony-view was incredible.
The staff here is top notch-one of the friendliest staffs I have encountered in SF-and the concierges are pretty wonderful ^
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:36 am

Westin Kierland Scottsdale

Paid $160/nite govt rate (best available published was approx $380/nite), upgraded to Junior Suite on 11th (top) floor. Was given 9th floor club access and $25/nite voucher for Deseo lounge good for 530-730pm happy hour when drinks and appetizers were half price.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 2:48 pm

Sheraton Lima Hotel

Prior to my arrival, reservation was showing upgraded room to a club floor room. When I checked in, I inquired about a suite upgrade... the agent insisted that a club room is a suite room... Anyway, I went up to my pre-assigned room and the room is rather small but compared to their regular rooms, the decorations are better and it has a flat screen TV. Bathroom is very tired looking... almost as bad as the motel 6 in the US.

Now, I ended up getting a suite... but again, it's really nothing to write about. Just two standard rooms joined together by a partition door. Two full bathrooms, one room has living room furniture and another room for the bedroom. The furnishing is better in the club room. I'd recommend that people take the option of club room instead of suites. I took the suite as I prefer having larger working space.

Complimentary breakfast for plats in the main restaurant or club lounge. Access to the gym and sauna are also complimentary. If you are not Plat, you'd have to pay for these services... really odd for an international class hotel. You have an option to pay with your SPG points, which is 1500 points per access, I think.

All in all, this Sheraton is an absolute disgrace to the SPG portfolio. I am staying here because of my loyalty to SPG (there is Hilton property where I am a Diamond member, but I have given up on my Hilton status) and a buy one, second day half off promotion rate... which gives me 126 USD per night rate. Regular best available rate was around 170/200 USD per night... which is really over the top for the quality of this hotel - it's a dump!

Stay away from this hotel unless you have to... or can find a decent rates that you can combine with other promotions that gives you lots of SPG points. My other incentive was the night after night promo.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Parker Meridien NYC

Five for five over the past two months, booking lowest cost city view room, upgraded to suite (city view) or my choice of a reg. room, Towers/Park View.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Le Meridien King Edward Toronto- Deluxe Suite. Great platinum benefits- one of the nicest club lounges I've been to and free internet with plat- something I never get at high end hotels. Definitely now my top choice in Toronto

W Montreal- Extreme Wow Suite... amazing. I was there on a low occupancy night and since I stay there almost every week they hooked me up. It was huge.. I think 1200 Sq Feet and extremely high ceilings. I liked the huge remote control that controls the TV/shades/lights/curtains. Also the nicest shower that I've ever been in.. waterfall with 2 jets shooting horizontally from the wall- took me about 5 minutes to figure out
Old Feb 9, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Four Points Panama City - Upgraded to Top-Floor Corner Suite
Sheraton Gunter San Antonio - Upgraded to Club Floor "Governor's Suite"
Old Feb 11, 2009, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Sheraton Madison - booked regular room, upgraded to an 8th floor suite...pretty wierd set up, but they have only 6 rooms on this floor and one elevator that goes to it...prior to this upgrade I had no idea the floor existed and I've stayed there 10+ times! The suite was HUGE...probably 1200 square feet...dining table, mini kitchen, etc.

Sheraton Iowa City - booked regular room and upgraded to room 900...two room suite with a hot tub, 1.5 baths, etc....nice, but the furniture could use replacing...it's pretty beat up and stained!

Appreciate the upgrades none the less....keeping my fingers crossed for my 5 night stay at Westin Diplomat next week....PLEASE!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Suite upgrade -- Westin Crown Center MCI last weekend for Typical PM Loser's wedding.

Hotel is in the middle of renovations, should be great when it is done. I loved the fact the sliding glass doors opened and we could get some fresh air.

Looking forward to my next visit to MCI.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:18 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
LM Bangkok:
From 'standard room' to 'standard room' corner view

Plat amenties:
- free breakfast
- free WiFi
- Daily creative hour at Bamboo Chic from 17:30-19:30
- two pieces of pressing service upon arrival
Old Feb 12, 2009, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Andie007
LM Bangkok:
From 'standard room' to 'standard room' corner view

Plat amenties:
- free breakfast
- free WiFi
- Daily creative hour at Bamboo Chic from 17:30-19:30
- two pieces of pressing service upon arrival
Hmmmm... I was rather excited with the possibility of trying new SPG property in BKK in my coming trip... but not so anymore.

SGS is more than adequate for me... and where all of the Plat amenities above is given + almost always to a grande suite. ^ So... LM BKK sounds chic and all, but I will pass.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: USAir Gold, Delta Slvr, *Wood Plat
Westin Bellevue

Booked lowest rate. When checked in put on top floor with great view of Rainier, except that you can't see anything through the fog this time of year. Called Plat Concierge after noting several suites were available - assigned a corner suite on the 8th floor, 828. It's an excellent room with expansive views in three directions and can see into Seattle....
Old Feb 13, 2009, 3:03 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
4P downtown Dubai: Classic to Junior suite (nice room, but cheap kitchen furniture with odd lighting, and small bathroom - no walk in shower ), 3 treats vouchers ^, but warm beer when redeeming

Sheraton Abu Dhabi - classic to club room, free breakfast and cocktail hour

Sheraton Bahrain - classic to jr suite, free breakfast and cocktail hour ^

4p Sheik Zayed Dubai - classic to business suite - nice hotel but same bathroom issues as above (small - no walk in shower )

Sheraton AMS airport - classic to club (small, interior facing room ), lounge OK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.