Search

W Bed Owners - How is it holding up?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 12:00 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
Genuine quotes from my wife:
"There's something wrong with this bed, it must have opium in the lining or something."
"I swear this bed talks to me (motherly voice) 'come on Mrs.pjoalfa, sleep, you know you want to...'."
"OK we have to get rid of this bed. I don't want to get up in the morning."
awesome!!

I don't even have the whole bed... I've got the featherbed and i feel the same way.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I'm Sold - and I've never even stayed at a W Hotel!

I found this mattress when I did a google search for a low-profile box spring and remembered people here raving about it. And, of course, the advertising the hotels are doing these days about the great beds they have. I'll be looking for a good sale. I assume it will just be noted on the W store website?
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: SPG Gold; UA 2P
So, we got this bed (plush) a few years ago when it was 40% off. I can't remember if it was a special code or just off the website. If it is a special code, the best thing to do is probably to set up a text alert on FatWallet to get an e-mail when it starts.

That said, I was very excited about the bed upon reading all the rave reviews (similar to the ones on this thread), but when it arrived, it was not as comfortable as I was expecting and actually, after maybe a month, I found that I was not sleeping through the night and was waking up with some discomfort. I purchased a featherbed that made it more comfortable for a couple months, then pain again. So then I think I added a memory foam layer. Now I sleep through the night easily, but I don't feel like it's the most comfortable bed ever.

Plainly I am a finicky sleeper, but just wanted to throw a dissenting opinion in there.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Bravada04
ooops sorry for some reason I thought you were posting from Canada...
i'm a long way away from canada....

Originally Posted by pjoalfa
Get it shipped to a freight forwarder. That's what I did. That said, get it when they're 40% off as you'll certainly spend it on freight, and then some.
the only problem with india is that i would end up paying a lot on freight, but even more on duty to get this into the country....
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: SPG-PLT, DL-PLT, AA-GLD (1 MM)
I'm very happy with the W Plush Top bed I bought about 2 years ago. It's held up well and is very comfortable.

I bought it from the W online store and when I bought it there was an awesome coupon code that saved me a bundle. I also got free shipping. Much cheaper overall than if I bought it from one of the mattress places...and the funny thing is it was delivered by 1-800-mattress even though I bought it online from the W store.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by kavok
Probably a stupid question, but can you get SPG points for purchasing the W beds? If so, how?
You can purchase a WESTIN bed with SPG points. Convert SPG points into Westen gift cards. Then spend in store. See here: http://bit.ly/aSzumk
Old Jan 15, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: AA LTP 3.3 MM, VS G, BA, Hyatt D, Hilton D
Originally Posted by doraflood
You can purchase a WESTIN bed with SPG points. Convert SPG points into Westen gift cards. Then spend in store. See here: http://bit.ly/aSzumk
Possible, but not worth it in my opinion

- 5000 STARPOINTS Westin at Home card worth $50 USD
- 9500 STARPOINTS Westin at Home card worth $100 USD
- 14000 STARPOINTS Westin at Home card worth $150 USD
- 4500 STARPOINTS Westin at Home card worth $50 CAD
- 8500 STARPOINTS Westin at Home card worth $100 CAD
- 12500 STARPOINTS Westin at Home card worth $150 CAD

P.S - I love this Bed, had it for about 3 years now
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:06 am

I purchased a W plush top 1.5 years ago and am having an issue with lumpy, uneven wear. Other than that, the bed has been great for a night's rest. Unfortunately the "lumpiness" is pretty significant and I would like to reach out to whoever is appropriate customer service contact.

Anyone know if I should I reach out to the W hotel store or the mattress manufacturer?

Cheers.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I would start with the store. I had an issue w/a non-W bed and went through the manufacturer- it involved an inspector evaluating the mattress, taking all sorts of measurements including the amount of sag/unevenness. They use an arbitrary number to determine normal wear vs. defective product.

I have two W beds, both pillow top- the king size one definitely has held up better. It has a small ridge in the middle where we don't always lay and a little bit of sagging where we do. The queen mattress seems to have more of an issue with sagging, but is still relatively comfortable.

Originally Posted by jjgollum
I purchased a W plush top 1.5 years ago and am having an issue with lumpy, uneven wear. Other than that, the bed has been great for a night's rest. Unfortunately the "lumpiness" is pretty significant and I would like to reach out to whoever is appropriate customer service contact.

Anyone know if I should I reach out to the W hotel store or the mattress manufacturer?

Cheers.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
They will have you call the manufacturer (Toll free @ 1-877-399-9397. Email @ [email protected]) who will send out a team to measure the defects and then decide if it warrants a replacement. If it does (like mine did) they will charge you $85 for the delivery of the new bed and you will be on the hook for disposal.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:33 am

Posting just because I saw this thread in the "New Posts" section, but:

Originally Posted by gleff
I'm happy with the W Plush Top bed I bought 3 years ago. I did just replace the feather bed. Wonderful.
Same here...I've had the bed for probably 5 years now. No signs of wear, but the featherbed needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, I don't think that it can be shipped to Canada.

Originally Posted by yeunganson
1 or 2 feathers pokes out of the featherbed once a while - maybe also sign of wear and tear.
Over the last year or so, I've seen a lot more loose feathers come out. Hence the need for a new featherbed. It probably only has 1/2 of its original feathers left by now.

When I fluff the featherbed, I sleep great that night. By about the 4 night, I need to have the featherbed re-fluffed. But the bed itself is fine.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:40 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I bought the bed 4 years ago and just replaced it. Too much sag and lumpy. Didn't bother calling the mfg, just chalked it up to a bad bed.
In full disclosure, I am bigger than average, 6'6" and 235#
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:35 pm

Had it for 3 1/2 years and holding up great............other than the fact that I was flipping the mattress around ( trying to do it by myself with a King mattress ) and stepped lightly on the 2 base frames that come with it........ooops - made a little hole.

If you plan on stepping on this, I would suggest stepping on the supported areas rather than the middle somewhere I did not tell the wife. She will never know !
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
I've had mine for 3 years now. It has a decent size sag in the middle, where I sleep. It's not the pillow top, but I have the featherbed. This one you can't flip, but you can rotate it head-to-toe. I'm another one who has to do it alone - not fun! I'm starting to have my shoulders hurt at night on it. I've never been enthralled with it, but it's definitely not as comfy as it was. Now, I slept on a Heavenly bed a few weeks ago and I LOVED it. I think when I'm ready to buy another bed, it'll be the Heavenly, not the W.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
I bought mine in 2007/2008 time frame. I'm a big guy and its held up great. Still using it. I bought the pillow top. My sister bought the plush and it was a bit firm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.