Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, Indonesia, opened 1 Dec 2012, Category 4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, Indonesia, opened 1 Dec 2012, Category 4

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:52 am

Does anyone have photos or a trip report? I have a stay coming up around Xmas and I'm looking forward to it.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
If it's costing $270 a night, that's more than double other hotels on the same street like Harris and Hard Rock, so it must be amazing!

Presumably during construction they took into account the increased traffic this hotel would cause and planned some measures to mitigate this problem?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:41 pm
Company Representative - Starwood Bali

Dear Cheeky,
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort as your holiday destination in Bali.
We have just completed our photography and they should be online in a week or two, please follow our updates on http://www.facebook.com/SheratonBaliKutaResort.
Thank you,
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:44 pm
Company Representative - Starwood Bali

Dear John,
Thank you for your feedback. The government and local community village is working to remove all road side parking before end of year to relieve the traffic, in addition roads are being repaired as we speak for better transportation. In addition the combination of Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort and beachwalk provides up to 2,000 car parking space and multiple drop-off area that are designed to redirect traffic, as well as the addition of security personal on the road side to assist drivers to the right point.
Hopefully you will visit the New Kuta Experience and be amazed by what we have introduced.
Thank you
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Nice to see you here Starwoodbali!
I will be visiting you in january
what is the upgrade proceedure for platinums?

Last edited by aussielori; Dec 11, 2012 at 11:04 am
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Small Pool

Originally Posted by dll
For folks who have stayed here, would you say the pool is at all suitable for swimming laps? Booking a 3-night SPG stay and debating between Laguna Nusa Dua (stayed there before), Le Meridien Jimbaran or this property. Location-wise would actually prefer it here but also like to get in some good morning laps during my stay.
Unfortunately there is only 1 pool (other than a wading pool) and it is quite small. If the pool is more important than location than Laguna wins hand down.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I had a one night stay at an Ocean View Suite recently. The layout and design of the suite is pretty abysmal.

Few points...

Due to the location of the stairs in the corridors, the bathroom is accessible only from the living room. The designer then chose a clear glass to separate the living space and bathroom, as well as a clear glass to the toilet and shower area. There is a shade that can enclose the bathroom, of course, but once the shade is down, the room feels even more depressing. Guests have a choice of a depressingly barren room or view of a toilet from the sofa.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps12421a50.jpg

The suite feels under-furnished and cold. Walls are simply painted white with a full-height mirror located behind a table and a lounge chair.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...psd5c3760c.jpg

There is not a single comfortable seating choice in the suite. The sofa is hard as a rock with no lumbar support. The lounge chair is extremely hard as well and has no arm-rests.

The living room lighting is all recessed downlights with no floor/table lamps. To make matter worse, the light switch that controls the living room's lighting is located in the bedroom, above the night stand on the far side.

The bedroom has nice corner windows, but the white painted coffer ceiling with low beams feels and looks strange in such a small space.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...psfd3cae22.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...psb9596b1f.jpg

Construction quality is poor, but that's common, I suppose. What baffles me is that this is a brand new hotel, built from the ground up, but it has many design and layout flaws.

Service is warm and friendly, of course, but I found it weird that the sit-down reception desk had only one attendant each of 3 times I visited.

BUT, it has a great location next to a cool shopping mall and a nice sunset view from the balcony.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps9632e6ea.jpg
Totally agree with the very poor quality of construction and cheap materials being used. And i can see many cracks and not neat painting finishing.

The cordless phone in my room does not work. Also the light in the wardrobe cabinet is blinking and I had highlighted to bell boy when he dropped my bag and no fix has been done until npw (today is my 2nd night).

Also agree with design flaw. I think this is the most complicated hotel that I ever stay. The hotel "entrace" is at the back of the building. This is where is the driveway. Apparently this is a 3rd floor. The you have fo take escalator up to be in receptionist area. Athought it is next to beachwalk mall, it is quite complicated go get there. Even to go yo the hotel restaurant (the feast) takes some round and round.

Hard to desrcibe it in words. But those who stayed there before, I think should know what I am talking.

As the ownership, yes the land of both of hotel and beachwalk belong to the same owner. However what I know that the hotel is not belong to the same owner, the land has been lease out to the hotel owner and this is also why there is no "direct" access to the mall
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by dll
For folks who have stayed here, would you say the pool is at all suitable for swimming laps? Booking a 3-night SPG stay and debating between Laguna Nusa Dua (stayed there before), Le Meridien Jimbaran or this property. Location-wise would actually prefer it here but also like to get in some good morning laps during my stay.
Personally I think this property is the best in term of location in Bali. In the middle of Kuta Beach and mall just next to it.

You can just walk ard to enjoy your stay.

Met with Ibu Kris, the DOR, very nice lady. She is very committed to give good experience to all guest. Of course she also faces big challenge as turnaround of staff is very high in Bali now as many new hotels open and lure the staff.

Another challenge for her is the hardware issur, as it has been discussed of the poor quality of construction which may lead to maintenance issue in my opinion.

Briefly met with the GM also, Dario, Italian. Ex-Westin. Nice chap also.

I will definitly go back to this hotel if they do not jerk up the price beyond USD200 per night.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:08 am

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lingua101
Personally I think this property is the best in term of location in Bali. In the middle of Kuta Beach and mall just next to it.
If your objective is to be in the noisiest part of Bali and next to a busy mall then this is true. Otherwise I would avoid it.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:33 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Moderator Note

As this property is open and we have a first trip report at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html this thread is now closed.

Thanks,
yosithezet
Co-Moderator, SPG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.